once again...another code 11 thread

JesseH

Nov 12, 2005
Englewood, Ohio, United States
Hey everyone, I did search around on this issue and followed what some of the others such as JJ and grim said on a few post but im still searching.

Guess I should start off with the problem. The car has ran great just to come out one morning with the CEL on, pulled a code 11 and started searching for the problem, started off by checking my grounds and fuses pulled all my grounds off, sanded them down a bit. I have a hard time believing its my wiring harness due to the fact this last winter I continuity checked the entire thing. Along with that I changed my main relay, along with changing the ecu. And I still get the CEL.

Im getting to the point now where I'm not sure what else to check so any imput would be great. The car is still running fine with the CEL on also.

thanks

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
It's usually the ground. You can determine if is the ground or power side by following JJ's suggestion in a recent thread: Take a long wire and ground to the battery terminal. Attach the other end to the ECU at the ground terminal. If the CEL goes away, you know it's the ground.