OMG you guys is this guy on crack or what

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
Reign_Maker said:
Probably one of the best, well thought out ads on eBay for an MKIII...

oh yeah that was the other thing I was gonna say about it. If one were to have that kind of money for a mk3, you would be able to tell from his ad exactly what you were buying.

as for the 13k BIN....who says you cant bid on it and get it for a LOT less. I think 7k might be a tad high to START the bidding, but I really wouldnt be that suprised if he got it. AND I hope he does get it!

Kai

That Limey Bastard
Staff member
£3707 is the equivalent starting bid here, which would either get you a minter Mk3 like this (or close enough) or a bit of a rough Mk4....personally, i'd get the Mk3 over the Mk4 for two reasons. a) looks better b) in stock trim, its a street sleeper ;)

tubbie

Yes, powerful Jedi....
Apr 4, 2005
Hoschton, GA
Idealsupra said:
i honestly dont see a problem. when are you guys going to start letting our cars be worth SOMETHING?

if it was torn to shit and should be a parts car and then crushed then YES 7k would be smoking crack.

but that car is clean as shit and has pretty low miles.... by all means sell it that high.

im sick and tired of people saying clean mk3s going for a decent amount is crazy. these cars are becoming rarer every damn day between accidents junkyards and partouts.... have some respect for a clean car that is almost 20 years old and looks that good.

id rather spend 7k on that car then 200 on a pos and try to make it look even half as clean as this one does and probably end up spending more to do it.

maybe if we all start valuing our cars more...outsiders will too.

Then why don't we all start selling our cars at $10k +. Crappy ones for $5k and good ones for $10k. If everyone did that, whoever wants an MK3 would have to come up with lots of money to buy it. Now our cars will be worth a lot......

Now our cars are worth a lot. Now NO ONE will buy them. Cost too damn much. So what happens when john smith needs to sell him MK3 that is worth 10k because he needs money? He drops the price. No one buys it. He drops the price.. and so on and so on. Now it's $3k. Someone buys it cause it's affordable now.

I've spent over $15k on my car, but if I posted it up for $15k, WHO will buy it? NO ONE. That goes for everyone on this board. Post your car up for what you spent on it, you will NEVER sell it for that price. That's why a lot of guys just part out their cars.......

Just my .06 cents....

Now watch the babe say "blow job, blow job" :biglaugh:

tekdeus

Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
Jan 23, 2006
Vancouver Canada
www.bitrontech.com
I paid $8k for my 87 that had $20k worth of mods in it. I'm now putting 10-15+k of my own money into it and plan to drive it for a long time. It's about the love and pride of having a rare, cool, hot, fast, car; NOT it's resale value. Not to mention that it's got all luxury options and looks 10 times better than all the new dinky bubbly round stupid ricemobiles that are available new today.

ViR2

Supraniac
May 20, 2006
Lithuania
www.hpaddict.eu
...or u could always ship it europe and sell it for 15k euros :D atleast stock and clean supras cost from 12-18k euros (MKIII) and compleatly beaten or event not driveable are for 2-3k euros ;)

There's always a buyer if u're not in a hurry to sell ;)

xXxICExXx

Aug 6, 2006
Abbotsford, BC, Canada
don't need to read all the gibberish, I am sick of people under-selling the supra. Costs a few grand to get a good early 90s civic why not more for a supra? I am beginning to feel people are misunderstanding the word supra.......as far as anyone i know is concerned, they tremble when they hear that word. They dont even want to touch a stock supra in a race.

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
On crack or not, I would, no shit, buy that car right now and sell mine if I wasn't so deep into mine.

That is the supra that I want to buy someday. A period-specific modded supra. I love the old school stuff, like the QCBC... that's awesome.
The exhaust could use some love.. lol is it falling off or? it's an awesome car nonetheless and sooo clean...

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
If anyone is seriously interested in a super clean 18k mile mkII, (original everything... tires included) PM me and I'll get you some info. :icon_bigg

I believe he only wanted $12k for it or so. You got about 8 months before I graduate and start making enough money to afford it. :naughty:

Wayne G.

87Turbo 5sp Targa
Apr 19, 2005
Gainesville,Ga.
Idealsupra said:
i honestly dont see a problem. when are you guys going to start letting our cars be worth SOMETHING?

if it was torn to shit and should be a parts car and then crushed then YES 7k would be smoking crack.

but that car is clean as shit and has pretty low miles.... by all means sell it that high.

im sick and tired of people saying clean mk3s going for a decent amount is crazy. these cars are becoming rarer every damn day between accidents junkyards and partouts.... have some respect for a clean car that is almost 20 years old and looks that good.

id rather spend 7k on that car then 200 on a pos and try to make it look even half as clean as this one does and probably end up spending more to do it.

maybe if we all start valuing our cars more...outsiders will too.

Agreed!!

Last edited:

JesseH

Nov 12, 2005
Englewood, Ohio, United States
tekdeus said:
I paid $8k for my 87 that had $20k worth of mods in it. I'm now putting 10-15+k of my own money into it and plan to drive it for a long time. It's about the love and pride of having a rare, cool, hot, fast, car; NOT it's resale value. Not to mention that it's got all luxury options and looks 10 times better than all the new dinky bubbly round stupid ricemobiles that are available new today.
Im with tekdeus, even though Ive got a N/A, Ive had a lot of people come up and ask if I would sell it, and willing to give me a decent ammount for it. But Im only 17 and put over $5,000 of my own hard earned money into restoring and getting mods for it. I respect my car and my work too much to sell it....even though I probably could get a turbo'd one.