OMG yay SNOW!!

GotBoost?

I do
Nov 25, 2005
By My Computer
Yup. Been getting lots of it tonight. I had to move the Supra like 100 feet, and it could barely get going... It's so cold that when i got done moving it, I couldn't feel my hands. It's -12F.

r45marsh

Old MotorHead
Sep 22, 2007
Huntsville,Alabama
Two inches in Huntsville, not the five to ten forecast. Supra is nice and cozy in the garage. Wife got irritated when I asked her about getting gas tomorrow. LOL

Flateric

Mar 26, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Snow is news to you guys!?

Wow I am so jealous of where you people must be living. Snow, lots of it and sub -30c temps here since October are generally the normal.

My Supra could leave the garage right now if it wanted to. Due to the huge snow drift blocking the door and the fact I would get no traction.

Trust me the sparkle and shine of snow fades very quickly when it is paired up with kill you dead real fast kinda cold.

Now if I was a kid and we had a snow day from school then I might be all with ya!

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
<-----------snow virgin

We got about four inches here and it looks really pretty from inside the warm and cozy house................lol

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Flateric;1658871 said:
Snow is news to you guys!?

Wow I am so jealous of where you people must be living. Snow, lots of it and sub -30c temps here since October are generally the normal.

My Supra could leave the garage right now if it wanted to. Due to the huge snow drift blocking the door and the fact I would get no traction.

Trust me the sparkle and shine of snow fades very quickly when it is paired up with kill you dead real fast kinda cold.

Now if I was a kid and we had a snow day from school then I might be all with ya!

Alberta. It's a choice. ;)

Jun 6, 2006
Amerika
www.dreamertheresa.com
164348_483894563421_512503421_6124378_4421021_n.jpg

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
Theresa, that looks awesome

But snow is nothing new to me either. It started going December 1st, and I don't think I've seen anything above 35*F since Thanksgiving (35 being the high, 10-20 being the norm)

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Pass.

Snow has been on the ground here for at least 2-3 weeks now, and while the majority of it has gotten off the roads, it's still nice and brown/black from all the filth on the roads that gets stuck to the snow. The stuff's only pretty until people get around it...

That, and it was -9*F when I left for work this morning. According to the weather channel, it felt like -34*F. No thanks. When your brakes feel stiff (same with the clutch), it's a little too cold out.

Oh, and for reference:

converting_to_metric.png

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
GrimJack;1659017 said:
LOL - word just came through, our Atlanta office is closed due to the weather. Is a couple inches of snow really National Emergency territory there???

Generally speaking it's a compound issue.
- Not enough infrastructure to deal with the rare winter weather (plows, salt/sand trucks, manpower).
- Temperature isn't cold enough to keep it snow, so it melts and then refreezes as ice.
- Snow/ice is rare, so people don't invest in snow tires, and many places studded tires are banned (you're not driving on ice without them, I don't care what you have).

I have family in New England and they laugh at us down here...until they were down here for the holidays and witnessed an ice storm first hand. I don't even walk outside in that shit, I bruised a bone falling on that shit before...

ms07s

TORGUE!
Sep 29, 2007
Memphis,Tn
White cold stuff that makes a mess when it half melts and turns into slush on black ice.

5-8 inches dropped here in Memphis and Damn near shut the whole city down. We only have a dozen trucks to deal with it, less than half of what is needed. Add a population that can barely drive in sunny and 75* weather...chaos ensues. Not driving my car out there with those fools.

Kangae

Buzzin' Half Dozen
Sep 13, 2007
Utica, New York
I'm one of the few people who seems to actually like driving in the snow, I just love it.

Plus if you hold alt and then type 2, 4, and 8 on the number pad it should put up the degree symbol.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk