Olympics thread

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
ANYWAY...yeah spolier warnings please! LOL. I think I can figure out what happened, but I will wait and watch it for myself.

Last edited by a moderator:

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
I still dont believe it. If I didnt know better I would swear someone rigged that touch pad ;)

Damn, no 7th world record though!

yet :sarcasm:

Tae361

Jul 15, 2008
NY
I cant believe that I didnt get to see the 100m dash, I seen the heats last night but they didn't warn me that the finals was last night as well! If anyone watched the men's tennis double's final, it was an amazing match. This olympics is turning out to be the best I've ever watched.

Fuzz420

Are U Here 2 take My Baby
Facime;1106039 said:
wow, that Jamaican dude is FAST!
yea he ran a 9.77 so effortlessly

Tae361;1106169 said:
I cant believe that I didnt get to see the 100m dash, I seen the heats last night but they didn't warn me that the finals was last night as well! If anyone watched the men's tennis double's final, it was an amazing match. This olympics is turning out to be the best I've ever watched.

I dont believe the finals were last night as i was up all night practically and i only saw heats. Tyson Gay is gonna have is work cut out for him

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
Did you see how strained Tyson Gay looked in his heat? Sure he shut it down at the end too, but didnt look anywhere near enough relaxed to win it.

Tae361

Jul 15, 2008
NY
Facime;1106177 said:
Did you see how strained Tyson Gay looked in his heat? Sure he shut it down at the end too, but didnt look anywhere near enough relaxed to win it.

yeah he didnt look good at all, usain ran a 9.92 effortlessly in his first heat. just caught his world record breaking 9.69 on google video, another effortless run it seemed. hes going to dominate the 200m dash.

iwannadie

Jul 28, 2006
gilbert, az
Tae361;1106180 said:
yeah he didnt look good at all, usain ran a 9.92 effortlessly in his first heat. just caught his world record breaking 9.69 on google video, another effortless run it seemed. hes going to dominate the 200m dash.

In that 9.92 run he looked like he was just jogging or something. The guys behind him looked like they were giving almost all they had though. That guy is just dam fast.

Tae361

Jul 15, 2008
NY
iwannadie;1106262 said:
In that 9.92 run he looked like he was just jogging or something. The guys behind him looked like they were giving almost all they had though. That guy is just dam fast.

YEAH hahahaha there was some guy from like romania or something on the outside lane looked like he was about to explode from how hard he was trying. Meanwhile bolt was just on cruise control for the final 50m, he should have start running backwards lol.

iwannadie

Jul 28, 2006
gilbert, az
Cycling...

Ive never seen the indoor bicycling - sprint before but wow... I just dont get it, they go as slow as possible for the first lap, sometimes basically at a dead stop! Then after wasting a lap the guy who started in 2nd make a move to try and pass. Thats when the actual race begins for a single lap...

Im sure its difficult and alot of strategy involved but just not my kind of event I guess.

Tae361

Jul 15, 2008
NY
iwannadie;1106788 said:
Cycling...

Ive never seen the indoor bicycling - sprint before but wow... I just dont get it, they go as slow as possible for the first lap, sometimes basically at a dead stop! Then after wasting a lap the guy who started in 2nd make a move to try and pass. Thats when the actual race begins for a single lap...

Im sure its difficult and alot of strategy involved but just not my kind of event I guess.

I've never seen this, i've been watching indoors individual chase cycling its pretty cool, kinda like speed skating but not gay. if one person catches the other the other person is automatically eliminated.

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
wow, what are they putting in the pot down in Jamaica? Speed?!

no 100m medals for the country until now and they get both? Those two need to get together and make more quick little jamaican babies! ;)

Tae361

Jul 15, 2008
NY
Facime;1107448 said:
wow, what are they putting in the pot down in Jamaica? Speed?!

no 100m medals for the country until now and they get both? Those two need to get together and make more quick little jamaican babies! ;)

not only did they get gold for their country, the women also captured 2 silvers in a dead heat... they dont even have to settle for bronze, sweet deal if you ask me lol.

now for the real sports... synchronized swimming, badminton and table tennis! badminton is actually pretty entertaining.

Fuzz420

Are U Here 2 take My Baby
973238ug03a26b.gif

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
I wonder how those Jamaicans are going to pass the drug test? ;)

yes I know thats a stupid stereotype, but it makes me giggle