Oklahoma Thread

86_sports_1jz

slow 700hp build...
Aug 27, 2006
OK
i'm gonna come to IFO as of right now

mong are you still gonna go to IFO even if you don't drive your supra? you can always drive your lexus

mk3_dude

Boost Master
May 10, 2005
Arkansas
yea i'll be there toua, either in the lexus or supra.

im sure you will be done with most things for the blue whale by then right toua?

86_sports_1jz

slow 700hp build...
Aug 27, 2006
OK
hey guys does anyone in the tulsa area happen to have a resivor tank cap? the little white plastic cap that has the two prongs for the tubes that go to the radiator and dump? i'm in need of one, mine is broke. let me know thanks

Ymh

Jun 5, 2006
Oklahoma
86_sports_1jz;971814 said:
hey guys does anyone in the tulsa area happen to have a resivor tank cap? the little white plastic cap that has the two prongs for the tubes that go to the radiator and dump? i'm in need of one, mine is broke. let me know thanks

i do

mk3_dude

Boost Master
May 10, 2005
Arkansas
any of you guys looking to buy a supra? Im selling my 89 supra turbo auto for $4,300 if anyone is interested. Car runs excellent, no leaks nothing! Car is in very good shape.

kaz87supra

Supra Owner
Mar 31, 2005
Owasso OK
alright yall,

want some oklahoma experience on my build...

i am taking my crank in to have it machined for .25 oversized bearings. acl's or cevites? and a new oil pump. anyone used TopLine oil pumps?

going to have the head and block resurfaced, what headgasket is best? no 300$ pieces ither.. looking for as close to 100 as possible heh. and yet i have arp studs for it.

should i replace the rod bolts? if yes, arps or toyotas? i hve heard arp rod bolts are stretchy?

right now i am going to re ring the engine for now, forged internals later... so im not going to over bore it or anything.

what else comes to mind when rebuilding a turbo 7m? im a turbo honda guy... luckily i dont have to worry about blockguard and sleeves!! LOL

appriciate any opinions!

86_sports_1jz

slow 700hp build...
Aug 27, 2006
OK
i think i used acl bearings in my old 7m.... can't remember its been so long, i haven't used cevites so i don't know about them. as for the topline oil pump never used it, you might want to ask the other 7m guys on the 7mgte section about those two products. instead of using like a hks head gasket i used a cometic, it was cheaper but i don't remember by how much... i think i got mine for like 120-130 but it was along time ago when they first came out. you don't have to replace your rod bolts unless they are bad... i never replaced mine and i don't think you have to because you are not doing anything crazy with yours. is your turbo and intercooler still good?

mk3_dude

Boost Master
May 10, 2005
Arkansas
Did you rod knock before?

-Anyways, to answer your questions...Ive used Top-Line Oil pumps, work fine for me. I would just shim the Oil pump for the + oil pressure.
-Depending on how much you are going to machine the head (resurface/deck block), that would tell you what size headgasket to get. If i had another chance to rebuild my 7M, i would go 2.0mm Stopper MHG. I blew my headgasket and didnt machine much off, so i stuck with a TMS 1.4mm(120shipped) MHG torqued on ARP head studs(110shipped). Be sure to torque to good specs, as i torqued mine to 92ftlbs.
-ARP rod bolts is for good insurance IMO, cause at high revs and high way pulls for 7M, i would go ahead and get ARP rod bolts.
- I also used Clevite bearings for my main/rods/and thrust washers, some of the greatest bearings you can get for a 7M IMO + for good prices too.
-tap and clean the headstud holes.
-change all coolant hoses of course ;) (better safe than sorry and + insurance)

thats all i can really think of right now...sorry not much help, but maybe a little of this can get you somewhere.

kaz87supra

Supra Owner
Mar 31, 2005
Owasso OK
Here you can see pics of the gte disassymbled. http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y114/importcars03/7MGTE/

It didnt knock, but as you can see it wasnt far from it!

The crank shows wear, and I want to grind it so the tolerances are new specs and prevent rod knock for awhile.

I am just doind a rering, so I dont plan on alot of boost, it will still be on stock internals, so I prolly wont cut alot off the head and block, just enough to run the thin gasket so when i pul it back apart for forged internals i am able to take a lil more off and run the better gasket. in the honda world cometic is great, but i have heard good and bad about them in the supra world. TMS i have heard is actually cometic gaskets?
one thing i started doing, if i am not putting forged internals in the motor, i wont over bore and and machine the head and block much, so when i decide to pull the engine apart to really build it, i am able to take it back to the machine shop and have it re worked again for a fresh start.

will deff change all the coolant hoses, i always change thos. nothing worse then blowing a hose and overheating.

i researched alot of this a few months back, but i slept since then, i need to do all that again to freshen my mind up and make proper decisions.

thankyou for all the advise and suggestions.

mk3_dude

Boost Master
May 10, 2005
Arkansas
corrector! TMS aka Titan Motor Sports Metal Head Gasket is a Comtic hg. If i was you, i would just get a tms 1.4mm.

Good luck bro!

86_sports_1jz

slow 700hp build...
Aug 27, 2006
OK
my supra is running good now, got it tuned on 9 psi. i'll get some videos and pics of it soon! i'm soooo excited and happy then i'll up the boost later