Oklahoma Thread

86_sports_1jz

slow 700hp build...
Aug 27, 2006
OK
MK3_Turbo;935853 said:
if you say it slowly you'll get it...

it says "twin turbo".

exactly... good job loka. when i first saw it i didn't get it either.... my girlfriend had to figure it out for me... which was sad cuz she got it right away :icon_sad:

86_sports_1jz

slow 700hp build...
Aug 27, 2006
OK
what is going on guys? no one has posted on here in a couple of days so what have ya'll been so busy doing?

kaz87supra

Supra Owner
Mar 31, 2005
Owasso OK
working on my frikkin honduh.. had to build the motor again after over boosting anf leaning out from my tuner doin a poor job. she started sun night tho :D once she is driving, i and ordering pistons and everything for the gte.

86_sports_1jz

slow 700hp build...
Aug 27, 2006
OK
what kinda honda? with what motor and mods? how much boost did she blow on? what do you have left to do on your 7m?

kaz87supra

Supra Owner
Mar 31, 2005
Owasso OK
^ it was prolly the kid from owasso HS... i was curious if he is on the forum.. its a clean 89+ Turbo.

As for my civic... d16 vtec, piston& rod motor. had it dyno tuned locally for 12psi. Set boost cut at 15, and didnt have any fuel in the maps for anything over 12psi... so a minor over boost on a highway pull melted her down. I bought a wideband and had a experienced guy build me a basemap to start with and i am going to street tune it myself.
prolly keep it around 10-12psi till the gte is in and running and i know I have a DD. Then maybe 18-22 on it?

gte... well its all apart. Going to be taking it all to the machine shop soon. Cant decide if I want to bore it and put new stock's in it, or just a hone and rering for now... One thing I have learned with the civics... If you take the cheaper route I think its better to not over bore so when you melt thos down you can overbore and save the block :)

86_sports_1jz

slow 700hp build...
Aug 27, 2006
OK
so you planning to build the gte back to stock specs or for more power? if more power don't use the stock pistons

kaz87supra

Supra Owner
Mar 31, 2005
Owasso OK
86_sports_1jz;954844 said:
so you planning to build the gte back to stock specs or for more power? if more power don't use the stock pistons

i am really not looking for big power from the supra. just a lil more than stock. what are stock pistons good for?

MK3_Turbo;957487 said:
Kaz87 - what numbers you lay down with that setup?

i kinda wanna do a d-series turbo...i'm still in the process of deciding.

i have not had a good tune yet... boosted honduhs rely on a solid tune to survive and finding a good tuner can be a challenge. my last setup with vitara pistons w/ stock length forged rods did 200hp/200tq on only 12psi. it was a real low compression setup that would have seen 20+ psi had the tuner been able to keep it together with only 12psi...
my new build i havnt dynoed yet. it has forged 9.5:1c/r supertech pistons on forged rods and should handle 20+ psi no problem even with the higher compression. i want to only push it to around 300whp for now... run that daily for awhile and when ive got the supra running ill go for 350ish whp, try for some 11s on slicks.. then build my GSR swap and put it in the crx boost the living hell out of it and go for 10s... cage... everyting....even the kitchen sink!!!

my previous stock engine before the 2 builds before... i 'street tuned' with a SAFC and TurboEDIT and narowband o2 on 11psi, went 13.7@106. never dynoed it. it blew the headgasket on the last pass because sometime during its life the threads on a headbolt pulled and i pulled the block to repair it and build it..

86_sports_1jz

slow 700hp build...
Aug 27, 2006
OK
kaz87supra;958440 said:
i am really not looking for big power from the supra. just a lil more than stock. what are stock pistons good for?

i believe its around 300 hp

has anybody been cruising in tulsa lately? cuz i was out there last night and it was a fucking waste of my god damn time. i was so fucking mad cuz of all the cops. there was a cop on every block and i always had a cop either directly behind me or infront of me when i was driving around. last time i will ever go crusing in tulsa... i guess i'll be seeing you lot more now mongers... hey you like my revised poem on myspace? lmao

Last edited:

blackgamer16

Supra Driver
Apr 27, 2005
Sooner Country
Well guys the weather is finally heating up and trying to see if you guys wanna come down/up to Norman Area to Import Face Off. its about a month away so you can do your last tweaking, get your tune to make the event. Its pretty much just a hang out mostly supra guys but i also do know some fast/slow domestic guys. Not just an import thing but all cars are welcomed to hang out. Its decent car event but if you wanna race you can too. Not sure on what all they're doing this year with prizes. We'd pretty much be chilling, checking out races, and meet some new peeps n all that- hanging out... Hmmm not sure if we're gonna go eat at a restaurant or have a cook out at the track... Just pretty much seeing if people are interested ,and we most likely hit up 39th (okc race strip if you wanna call it...lol) that night and cruise/ have some good runs- if thats your cup of coffee... lol :naughty: if your out of town you could crash over at my place. I don't think that be a problem, i doubt my roommate mind, we got a good amount of couches n what not.

Anyways some more info on the event:

Flyer Info
The 5th annual NOS Energy Drink's IMPORT FACE-OFF presented by Fowler Scion will be on Sunday, April 20th at Thunder Valley Raceway in Noble, OK. There are new classes and larger payouts this year. Also this year, FREE competition passes are given to contestants who travel 200+ miles (must preregister to receive free pass). Be sure and visit www.ImportFaceOff.net for more info.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

mk3_dude

Boost Master
May 10, 2005
Arkansas
hell yea toua come down anytime! My home is your home!

but you are still a gay man.

Im going to sell my car now cause im jealous...(you know why) Pm me if you got any farther.

86_sports_1jz

slow 700hp build...
Aug 27, 2006
OK
as for import face off, as of right now i plan on comming and spending a night in the motel in okc somewhere. even if i can't drive my supra i'll come with the civic, i plan to be in okc sometime in the afternoon on i think sat, then i'll check into a motel then go out to cruise hopefully catch a couple of races and meet some of you guys in okc... i'll be looking forward to meeting you all

mong i hope you can drive your supra to import face off

mk3_dude

Boost Master
May 10, 2005
Arkansas
i'll go with my supra if i ever get my title back toua...

but it wont be going anywhere until it is dropped and wheels...Too much of a 4x4 right now.