Oklahoma Thread

86_sports_1jz

slow 700hp build...
Aug 27, 2006
OK
white3_turbo;897306 said:
im jang currently in michigan but got a house and is moving to coweta.......on 51st street where they are building a new super center walmart....going to broken arrow............

are you hmong? if you are, are you pong's cousin? pong from tulsa

mk3_dude

Boost Master
May 10, 2005
Arkansas
damn toua that "owned" picture gotta be so big playa?...i hate you.

Im about ready to have a Supra meet you guys! How about it?

mk3_dude

Boost Master
May 10, 2005
Arkansas
86_sports_1jz;903151 said:
i'm ready to have one too... hey mong i'm gonna take your super hero pic and post it on here too.

No waaayyy!!!! lol....Post up Lee's superhero Picture man! ahhahahaha...Your gay brotha has one now. its more funny than mine cause lee looks half constipated. haha.

blackgamer16

Supra Driver
Apr 27, 2005
Sooner Country
Something am Working on....

Long Story-short, i've basically added a pretty fair amount of boost and the stock brakes isn't cutting it. So trying to find improvements over the stock setup but for a Fair and Reasonable Price Plus I wanted it something to be more off the shelf parts so that you could piece it together rather than opening up the bank since we're all not loaded. lol

Anyways i got a few pics of what am working: Front Night Pager Brakes
-Sry not a good Camera Man-

p908445_1.jpg

p908445_2.jpg

p908445_3.jpg

Vs. Stock Mk3 Setup "wondering whats wrong with my fender-blow out at full boost on the highway...lol
p908445_4.jpg

p908445_5.jpg

Notes: using the 350z Rotors(12.75") but most likely switch to the mk4 (12.72") Rotors. I guess the only drawback is the Nissan Logo if your that picky but you can sand that off or just spray paint them black. Right now am stuck with going on the rotor choice either: 350z rotor needs a shim just like if you seen on the rear mk4 conversion or take some meat of the hub to bring down the total diameter to meet the mk4 rotor. Need to talk to my performance guy in the city and see what he can cnc for me. Anyways i hope you like and when i get everything figured out Or even be able to go with either option that suits you best I'll get you all the details for doing the swap successfully.

blackgamer16

Supra Driver
Apr 27, 2005
Sooner Country
Its pretty damn good... it should be just as good or better than the Arz kit. Depending on how good of deals you get, i got some killer deals since i work for Napa.

But an estiment:
Rotors: 40-50 or upto a 100 or so a rotor (i'll see if i can cut you a deal from work to get it cheaper)
Calipers: Ebay- you can find them at 150 or less shipped( you might be able to use the skyline calipers too; they have more surface area to bit down on the rotor, buddy of mine got em on his 240 and switching to the 300zx calipers so i might be able to test fit them out for you guys)
Brackets: Special order from Silverlineracing.com i think 280.53... takes about 2-4wks since he's in the UK. Good guy he's on the forums. Group A Supra i think is his s/n.

Hoses: I might be able to get them over at midwest Hose in the city- Not sure on that price

Brake shims(the preferred route) if i use the 350z rotors- not sure- still need to talk to my peformance guy.. am guessing 150-200 for custom brackets. Cheaper of course if i get more guys wantin this kind of setup.

And if you use the mk4 rotors you would need to get the hub brake lathed down to meet the inner diameter of the mk4 hat. That price depending on your machinest and also if your machinest is willing to do the job. Most won't since it has to do with brakes since thats a safety issue so they'll avoid those kind of jobs- BAH!

It just all depends on how good of a deal you can get.

So far am $567.01 includes:
brackets: 280.53
rotors: 95.92 if you can wait 2 wks or 20.04 reg UPS extra calipers:brand new(reman) from Beck Arnley: 190.56 ( really am prolly putting the Beck Arnleys on my 240 so i'll pick up a set used for 100-150)

Am shootin for 750 or less.

Fozbo

7M Love
Apr 4, 2005
Norman, Oklahoma
Nice write up on the brake upgrade Tony, they look nice. Kinda makes me feel unsafe with the small supra brakes :p.

The car is down once again (installing the maft-pro). Hopefully it will be done within two weekends (taking the first round of tests this week and the next kinda slows down work on the supra :().

86_sports_1jz

slow 700hp build...
Aug 27, 2006
OK
mk3_dude;913712 said:
toua, did you get your harness out? Whens it coming back if did?

doc tweak recieved it yesterday so maybe 2-4 weeks he said but i dont know how busy he is though

kaz87supra

Supra Owner
Mar 31, 2005
Owasso OK
welp I have owned my MKIII for 4yrs, I have been a member on SM for a few years but never really got knee deep in modding it. My friend, my dad, and I have always used the MKIII as a daily driver and modded other cars.

Adam - Live in Owasso... work in Tulsa.

I own a black 87NA. Just pulled a GTE swap from a 89 Targa Turbo and waiting on a 88t harness and ecu for the swap.

Sry for not having good pics of my car, it needs paint pretty bad so I never really took good pics of it.
p915235_1.jpg

and if you are interested here are some pics of pulling the GTE swap
http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y114/importcars03/7MGTE/

:):)

kaz87supra

Supra Owner
Mar 31, 2005
Owasso OK
"86_sports_1jz" is that ur brother with the ep3 and posts on humble?

he has been answering some questions for me, if thats you :)