Oklahoma Thread

Fozbo

7M Love
Apr 4, 2005
Norman, Oklahoma
Tony - I tested the cps with an ohm meter and all the connections they said to test came out fine (170 when they were supposed to be 140-180). I couldn't see anything visibly wrong with the cps, no shaft / gear play at all.

I think there is something up with the timing belt. I'll have to just drain my coolant a little and take the thermostat neck off so I can get the timing cover off :/. I'll also check to make sure that the 0 degree mark is actually the true physical TDC of the engine (heard of the dampener rotting before). That is on the to do list now after I help Jake get moved into the house and get my work bench built. I'll probably get to it in a few days.

86_sports_1jz

slow 700hp build...
Aug 27, 2006
OK
does anyone in OK around the tulsa area have a 1jz soarer swap where i could test my ecu to make sure it is still good?

claricae86

Aug 23, 2006
oklahoma
might have been me at the walmart if it was in tulsa and was 89+.

man that sucks your having problems with the wiring, wish i could help you out but i ended up switching back to 7m at the last minute so im no help on the wiring aspect of it. i did everything else but it sounds like you already got everything else knocked out

momodu7

Jan 2, 2008
Tulsa, OK
Whats up guyz. Im just now finding out from Fozbo that there is an OK thread here. My name is Luke and I have an 89 Supra ( white with blue exterior, targa top) I live in Tulsa (admiral and Sheridan for those thas familiar with the tulsa area). I have two questions that needs to be asked:
1) What does MHG mean? and
2) Is there gonna be some kinda meet in the Tulsa area anytime soon?

claricae86

Aug 23, 2006
oklahoma
yea im down for a meet in the tulsa area if anyone actually wanted to set one up. I just recently sold my supra to get an is300 but i am more than happy to come and meet some new toyota buddies.

blackgamer16

Supra Driver
Apr 27, 2005
Sooner Country
Yah, Am down too for a meet-sort of tearing my down my supra to get ready for the big rebuild. Also trying to get another mk3 targa for a daily. So we'll see how that goes. The weather is kind of crappy in the next couple of wks, when it clears off I'll be down.

Just let me know

blackgamer16

Supra Driver
Apr 27, 2005
Sooner Country
Curious, whose all planning to go to Tx2k8??? and seeing if your bringing the supra down?

Me, won't be taking the supra but am gonna go in the civic/van depending on who all is going wit me. So i'll see you there if your heading down there.

white3_turbo

Dec 19, 2007
home
im jang currently in michigan but got a house and is moving to coweta.......on 51st street where they are building a new super center walmart....going to broken arrow............

Ymh

Jun 5, 2006
Oklahoma
saw this one in tulsa the other nite
IMG_1471.JPG