Okay, tired of clutch issue. Tried everything except a new clutch. Any advice?

RacerXJ220

Interdimensional
Mar 30, 2005
Abalama
I've been on this clutch for about five or six months. I baby it everywhere. After an hour trip to Birmingham, the clutch started sticking to the floor between shifts at high rpms (anything above 5,000, WOT or not).

It is an ACT eXtreme pressure plate, with a six puck feramic sprung disc. About two weeks ago I removed the transmission and clutch, inspected the flywheel bolts, flywheel, clutch disc, pilot and throwout bearings, and even the straps on the pressure plate. I have no idea what I could have missed. I re-lubed the inputshaft and put the clutch back on the same way it came off using marks I made. I made sure the disc was on correctly.

The problem persisted. So I decide to swap old components.

Tonight, a friend and I installed brand new Wagner Clutch master and slave cylinders, and bled the system with regular DOT 3 fluid. The first pull on the street, the same issue.

I have to literally use my foot to pick the clutch pedal up off the floor. I am thinking about installing a spring mechanism under the clutch pedal or something. This is pissing me off.

Any thoughts on what is causing this is appreciated. Thank you.

RacerXJ220

Interdimensional
Mar 30, 2005
Abalama
Sometimes me and this car..... I'll give that a try, thanks IJ. It worked fine for more than a year at that setting.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
As the clutch wears the tipping point changes, puck clutches take very little travel to disengage, drive along hold the throttle steady and press the clutch in you'll see what I mean, you want an adjustment that give that travel + maybe an extra 5>10mm.

If you're not doing it with a pedal stop you may need to adjust the brake pedal to suit or it will feel clumsy.

RacerXJ220

Interdimensional
Mar 30, 2005
Abalama
Thanks for explaining it. I have not adjusted the pedals in about oh I dunno, 9 years. Being out of country, I forgot about them.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
It's something I remember from my Chevy days ;)

Once you tip the fingers in the PP overcentre at high RPM centrifugal force holds them down, my OSGiken twinplate did it until I adjusted the pedal.

Always thought Pull clutches helped prevent this but looks like nah.