OK this code 52 BULL$#!^^

cruzinbill

SC3TT
Jun 26, 2005
Arkansas
has any one actually found the problem in the ecu???? Ok well here is why i ask. i still get the damn code when the eng revs past 3g. i got another sensor and my roomate put it in. still got it. swapped out the other. still got it. checked the wires on the brand new complete eng harness... still got it. i cant swap ecu's tho cus i ony have one 87 style ecu but a boat load of 89+ ones... soooo im wondering if im gonna waste my time swappin the ecu's or am i tottaly overlooking the problem.. it jsut pisses me off somthin this small that is keepin it down...

suprra_girl

7M POWAH! ;)
Mar 30, 2005
Auckland, New Zealand
www.supra.co.nz
we had chronic code 52 problems on a 1.5j

it didn't matter what we did we couldn't get rid of it
we do know that it was #1 causing it but wires were perfect, knock sensor was fine and swapped ecu's and no change lol

we gave up and just wired the two together LOL
bad i know but hey it got rid of it :p

isnms

United States of America
Mar 30, 2005
Oklahoma
i80.photobucket.com
I haven't, but it is on the list of possibilities. Maybe you have that one out of many that is the ecu.

New harness from Toyota or new replacement one from a part out?

1. Make sure there is no continuity between the center signal wire and the shielding.
2. Then make sure continuity is good between the ks connector end and ecu pin end.
3. Then verify continuity is good from shield to ground.

Then do the tests again; clip your probes to each connection and wiggle the wiring harness. Make sure it's not a break somewhere in the loom.

cruzinbill

SC3TT
Jun 26, 2005
Arkansas
new from horsepowerfreaks.. so yah nvr used.
im gonna do that test when i get back its what i figured i would have to do so.. ill update this in bout 14-18 days.. if its the harness im gonna be really pissed lol

isnms

United States of America
Mar 30, 2005
Oklahoma
i80.photobucket.com
That would suck if it is the wiring of a brand new never use harness. Although it could be the connector, crimp end, on the end of the wire not making good contact. ECU side and/or KS side. That could happen on a brand new one. Just a thought.

Could you have two bad sensors? Just swapping in your alternate one still leaves one bad one in? Just another thought.

Oct 11, 2005
Thousand Oaks, CA
Is there anything electrically noisy in the area like an ignition cable? The stock routing keeps it well away, but I've seen mods that put the ignition cables close to the engine wiring loom.

cruzinbill

SC3TT
Jun 26, 2005
Arkansas
one of the sensors are brand new(i bought it whewn i got the harness cus the old one was starting to break. so if that one is bad again more money spent on paper weights.. but idk i rememberd somthin today.. the one by the starter didnt seem to quite plug in right. so ill take that one out and test fit in it the harness.. i jsut didnt think of it before cus it was right before i left i was messin with it.

ISNMS: are u goin to tulsa on the 21st i think it is for the meet up