Ok, I guess its my turn

polobai

Apr 1, 2005
Orlampa
Catch can doesnt get too hot-the turbo blanket helps alot. It seems to be functioning properly as far as I can tell. That side of the engine bay is definatly hotter though-but everything is heat wrapped so that also helps.

polobai

Apr 1, 2005
Orlampa
I posted this in the MAF--pro tuning thread, but figured I would post it here as well:
darn still having problems with my setup....It seems as if the car falls FLAT on its face when into boost(slower than stock by a considerable amount). Once into boost, the car hesitates, stumbles and pops. Getting into boost it feels great (50% throttle and 2-3 pounds)-but past that it stinks. I reset all my settings and have not updated to the newest software version yet (still no laptop)-and I am running v 4.4. The car drives great-idles amazing, and all is well until into boost. There are no major boost leaks at all, not running crazy rich into boost (low 11s a/f)-but it feels like I do have a major boost leak. I did a boost leak test and the pipes hold pressure fine. I checked codes, and got a code 52 (knock sensor)-but this is on and off, even with no code 52 it performs the same. I also got a code 24 (hac signal-should not matter, correct?) and a code 34(fuel cut off signal-but have not hit FCO as of yet?) I am stumped guys, have any ideas? By the way, all my settings are stock with the exception of the mainscale at -20% and fuel pressure at 30psi with the line off and capped.

polobai

Apr 1, 2005
Orlampa
What if I am having a loss of spark when boost hits? I am thinking that the spark is good enough out of boost-but when into boost it blows out or is not strong enough? I am going to pull my plugs today and see whats good with them (new champion coppers gapped at .32 i believe).

polobai

Apr 1, 2005
Orlampa
I dunno-but I was mistaken, I am running the NGK br7es (or something like that). I had the autolights, but was getting the slight miss at idle(.............blip...........................blip)-these plugs cured that. The plugs looked good, but I found that the wires were arching out on some places on the head. It seems that my coilpack relocation with the longer wires did not do such a good job. For me to run the wires hidden as I have been, I have to make the wires considerably longer, thus increasing resistance as the wires are already long. I am going to try another stock coilpack with reversed wires on the firewall to see if that fixes the problems-its not as clean-but if it works I will make it clean.

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
If you don't want to put it on the firewall, look at the NA spark plug wires, they are a bit longer due to them coming directly off of the dizzy. There should be some good aftermarket wires for them too...

polobai

Apr 1, 2005
Orlampa
cool-I will see if I need longer ones than the stock length turbo cables and grab the NA ones if so-thanks for the help!

polobai

Apr 1, 2005
Orlampa
Ok-I fixed the ignition problem-the plus is that the car doesnt break up into boost, the downside is that the setup is ugly compared to before. Here is a pic:

Attachments

• supra pics 001.jpg
    supra pics 001.jpg
    180.6 KB · Views: 52

polobai

Apr 1, 2005
Orlampa
Another angle-I have to cut the cover I made for it before and relocate the threaded plug in the spark plug galley to another hole for it to work. That should clean it up quite a bit.

Attachments

• supra pics 002.jpg
    supra pics 002.jpg
    210 KB · Views: 70

polobai

Apr 1, 2005
Orlampa
I also put on the coil pack cover, but I dont like the way it looks-I think I am going to remove it and just show the coils. Thoughts?

Attachments

• supra pics 003.jpg
    supra pics 003.jpg
    221.2 KB · Views: 66

Tire Shredder

Sep 15, 2005
Oshawa
the cover looks awkward where it is now.

I'd take the cover off. just keep the coil packs clean, wipe them with some trim shine from time to time, will look great!

aside from that, the engine bay looks amazing! you've done an incredible job!

polobai

Apr 1, 2005
Orlampa
Thanks, I think I am going to remove the cover and keep the coils showing and clean. I am using stock wires reversed for right now-will probably get some NGKS in the future, but the stock ones are working fine at the moment.