Oil Pressure guage issues. 1jz

rpk2012

F' LHD
Apr 4, 2005
Lubbock, Tx
I did a quick search with no direct results/answers. I am picking up a 1jz car this next week and one issue with it is that the oil pressure guage reads right at start up, then just falls to nil... Is this an issue in the swap that could of not been addressed? If so, what is a fix for this.

rpk2012

F' LHD
Apr 4, 2005
Lubbock, Tx
found that its the 7m sending unit I need, but is it the turbo unit or are they both the same? Also it says it needs an adaptor, does anyone know the specs?

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
I'm not familiar with 1jzs, but I do know 1JZ equipped cars do not have an oil pressure gauge, instead they have a voltmeter and a boost gauge. There is an oil warning light on the tach that warns of low pressure, but I believe that's as far as monitoring goes...

GotTurbos?

2J = Here; Swap = Near
Apr 24, 2006
Dallas, TX
The adapter is just a line that extends out about 8" you can get it from driftmotion. The stock 7m sender goes onto the end of the unit then you wire the stock oil pressure gauge to that. Stock 1jz cars only have a low oil pressure light so getting the gauge working is just one of the many little things you have to change during the swap.