oil pan gasket

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
tyang82;1812655 said:
I see what you're talking about. You're one creative handy man. Thanks again for being around.
You can actually buy a tool for this job it's adjustable to fit different cars ;)

Length of heavy wall cage tubing did the job!

tyang82

May 12, 2011
Milwaukee
I kinda don't want to pull it out, I just finished putting it back together. But I was just gonna rent a lift.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
Problem is getting it all clean enough, it takes time to squeeze a nice bead onto the pan then start screwing it up, in that time oil can seep down onto the block rail and prevent the RTV bonding and this ends up as a leak..

Do you have access to a compressor and spray gun?

If yes use some paint thinner to wash inside the block then clean up with shop rags, this might give you the time you need.

Gravity is a bitch ;)

cartert

Dec 18, 2006
louisville
I am in the process of resealing a leaky oil pan too. Napa doesn't carry three bond products, is there a store that does? Or is three bond an online only thing?

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
cartert;1813477 said:
I am in the process of resealing a leaky oil pan too. Napa doesn't carry three bond products, is there a store that does? Or is three bond an online only thing?

It's sold at a lot of Motorcycle dealers as "SuziBond, YamaBond, HondaBond" you get the idea :D

Think a few Snowmobile shops stock it as well.

CyFi6

Aliens.
Oct 11, 2007
Phoenix
www.google.com
If you can't find the stuff IJ recommended, I have had good success with "Right Stuff" sealant. It comes in a pressurized can and is pretty expensive (I think $15 for a can), but it works really well and you can find it at pretty much any parts store.