oil pan gasket blewout!!! WTF?!?!?!?!?!

bluedragon17

87 NA-T baby!!!
Sep 14, 2006
Vacaville, CA
So yeah Brought my car to the track and the turbo went out and they didnt even let me run cuz of an unknown leak. I was like wat fu**in leak?!?!? look down under the ground and there is a huge spot of oil i thought it was my powersteering pressure hose again. Checked oil and refilled it in the motor and powersteering so I could make it home. Get there change turbo yada yada then i figure ill try to locate the leak well i found it its actually leaking from the pan gasket right above the rack and pinion on the fricken drivers side!!!! How the hell is this possible??? Also I searched oil pan and didnt come up with any threads so yeah...............

BJ91T

Aug 28, 2006
Baton Rouge LA
Did you use a pre-made cork or rubber gasket? If so thats your problem. The best way I have found to seal a 7M Oil pan is to use FIPG on clean surfaces and lightly coat the threads of all the oil pan bolts with it aswell for added insurance.

BJ

bluedragon17

87 NA-T baby!!!
Sep 14, 2006
Vacaville, CA
whats FIPG?? and nope no pre formed gaskets or anything like that RTV silicone form toyota only. Even layer smoother flat with a stick befor eput on and at equal hieght all around

BJ91T

Aug 28, 2006
Baton Rouge LA
FIPG (Form In Place Gasket) And its what toyota used to install your oil pan at the factory. Check to make sure that your oil pan is not warped on the flange and that it aswell as the block have had all traces of old gasket material removed before applying a new coat of FIPG.

bluedragon17

87 NA-T baby!!!
Sep 14, 2006
Vacaville, CA
both surfaces were completely clean and no residue from any old oil or anything and its a brand new pan no bends cracks etc. and nope pcv ran into the inlet pipe before the turbo........

bluedragon17

87 NA-T baby!!!
Sep 14, 2006
Vacaville, CA
yeah im gonna try again this makes the eighth time ive dropped a supra front crossmember damnit. This sucks but i gotta do it im not leaking oil eveyrwhere anymore. good thing I got anothe car to drive now!!!!

bluedragon17

87 NA-T baby!!!
Sep 14, 2006
Vacaville, CA
no IJ its not a cletus pcv system..........Im NA-T so I had to block off the TB port and run the PCV ports out of the valve covers into the inlet pipe going to the turbo to prevent me from smoking like a damn chimney. Thats how its run, I just got a catch can also for the car but thats NOT installed yet.

IwantMKIII

WVU MAEngineering
Jun 12, 2007
Perkasie, PA
Please, for your own sake, dont listen to those people who say to use ANY type of RTV as a gasket :nono:

oil PENETRATES RTV/Silicon over time, its the worst thing you could use short of nothing. Cork/rubber is the best option.

brad92t

Supramania Contributor
Apr 25, 2006
Lexington, KY
www.haxors.us
IwantMKIII;967654 said:
Please, for your own sake, dont listen to those people who say to use ANY type of RTV as a gasket :nono:

oil PENETRATES RTV/Silicon over time, its the worst thing you could use short of nothing. Cork/rubber is the best option.

Well I must say, you are the first person I have ever seen on this forum say anything but "Cork is the WORST option"

I know someone installed a cork gasket on mine at some point and I have them to thank for rod knock. (and myself for being irresponsible about it but that was before I was on this forum ;))

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
IwantMKIII;967654 said:

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

Stock is FIPG

Cork is made by the horrible aftermarket gasket makers, and they DON'T SEAL WORTH SHIT. Ask anyone with a SBC, CORK SUCKS!

Oil does NOT penetrate FIPG.