oil filter relocation-i need to know....

stock 87 turbo

whats broke now?
Sep 3, 2005
marshall,wis
i amcurrently rebuilding my engine and i would like to put on a oil filter relocator on it .where is a good place to buy one ,a good place to relocate it to,and if there is anybody that has had problems doing it:icon_surp

supraman7mgte

Shut up,bitch!!
Apr 1, 2005
Sunny California
I re located mine to where the stock passenger side tow hook was.
The filter mount will be big enough to use a Motorcraft FL1A filter(or fram or Toyota )
and provide about an extra quart of oil which is muy bueno for turbo's

Adjuster

Supramania Contributor
Canton full flow filter, on the apron, and no problems, you just have to drill one hole, assuming your AFM is slightly off to one side, and your not using the stock turbo IC pipe anymore... LOL So I suppose there are plenty of problems unless you know how to fabricate some pipes for the IC, then the oil is easy.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
supraman7mgte said:
I re located mine to where the stock passenger side tow hook was.
The filter mount will be big enough to use a Motorcraft FL1A filter(or fram or Toyota )
and provide about an extra quart of oil which is muy bueno for turbo's

never use a fram filter!!! you may as well just pour sand in your oil filler! :eek3dance

-shaeff

Afunk

Jul 12, 2005
I used a summit relocation with permacool thermostat and B&M cooler...the filter was relocated to under the pass side headlight by drilling 3 holes into the thin metal that holds the washer fluid bottle in place and putting bolts and nuts to the filter bracket

Justin727

T-virus infected
I ordered a Mr Gasket Oil filter relocation kit at work should be in tomorrow. (O'reilly's btw) Part # 7682 line code: MRG
my cost 52.66. normal persons cost was 60.99 iirc..
Then I need to find a oil thermostat. b&m for 59.89
so far @ 112.55 for the both.

stock 87 turbo

whats broke now?
Sep 3, 2005
marshall,wis
thanks for the input guys,i bought a dual oil filter kit from summit with a thermostat.why not add a little more oil capacity.once i get my wiring harness andpolished valve covers i will be ready to rock and roll and get it together.you know what- it doesnt take too long to spend 4k on a motor and exhaust....... and i still have a stock turbo for now!