Oil and egt questions

GC89

1J-THIS
Jun 13, 2007
Spokane, WA
I picked this up at the wrecking yard the other day, its almost idendical to a B&M stacked plate cooler and measures 11X11
which should barely fit with my new intercooler location.
p821026_1.jpg
p821026_2.jpg

This is the only concern I have with it.
p821026_3.jpg
p821026_4.jpg

The ports are quite a bit smaller than the 1/2 inch lines I will be running but the cooling capacity should be more than enough.
Im debating on wether I can just live with this as it saves me $70. Or will it cause problems having ports that small???
Any input would be greatly appreciated here. Good enough or spring for the B&M ...66 8.5X11 cooler???

Also is there a standard thread for an egt bung? I plan on running and oldschool hks egt in the future, if I can find one. For right now I was going to weld the bung in and cap it off as I am getting my exhaust manifold ceramic coated and dont want to have to grind and weld it after its coated. In the event I cant find an oldschool hks, or I change my mind I wanted to know if different brands use different threads on their probes?

Last edited:

GC89

1J-THIS
Jun 13, 2007
Spokane, WA
Thank IJ, I figured the cooler fittings were too small but it would save me about $70 so I figured I'd get an oppinion or two. Autometer probably uses a 1/4 egt probe thread huh. I really want to go with the old school orange and black HKS's but they are getting pretty scarce. So in the even I can find one i guess Ill have to go with another japanese brand. Who else makes a good egt thats a similar style? Also where can I get a 18mmX1.5 bung? Iv only seen sae ones

One more thing I know Ill inevidably get a wideband of somesort in the future. Is there a standard or more common thread for those? Is it worth installing one now and plugging it? Or are the threads and needed distance from the turbo to different to be a good Idea? I have a guy who will hook me up with a SAFC2 dirt cheap so I will probably go that rout for the time being.

Last edited: