OHIO thread

Notsafe1jz

Aug 16, 2012
Ohio
I'ma go ahead and sort of introduce myself here.... Yeah.... I'm Rocky. I just recently purchased a MK3 with a 1JZ swap(90 black targa). I've been playing with cars for the better part of 14 years and have always wanted something 1JZ powered. Bought the car as pseudo project that runs/drives. Turbo's were wasted by the time I got to it, pieced together a single kit and I'm in the process of making it driveable this week. I've been lurking around here for a bit and thought I'd introduce my shit in the Ohio thread. From what I've noticed there's a lot of 330/216/440 guys around here and I'm always looking make car friends/get advice. Thanks.

Notsafe1jz

Aug 16, 2012
Ohio
I've got a few pics, but I'm embarrassed of how it looks currently and the quality of pictures taken. I just drove it for the first time last night so I'll most likely gather better pictures soon. For now:

p1871096_1.jpg

p1871096_2.jpg

p1871096_3.jpg

I'm actually from the Akron area, Norton to be more specific.

*I know the hot side is pretty huge for the application, but we'll see what happens. I'm not expecting this turbo to be on here forever and is more or less just to see what happens.

Notsafe1jz

Aug 16, 2012
Ohio
Haha thanks for the compliments fellas. I do love white, however out of the 30 some vehicles I've owned at least 70% always end up being black.

It is on coils and struts, not sure what brand however it will get coilovers at some point.

I just had the car out on the first real road test with the new turbo set up. Laggy. Comes on at like 3700 or so as expected. Could be some boost/vacuum leaks so I'll be testing soon. Waste gate set at 7 psi and I hear it open about there. Might have creeped to 8. I should have an safc, 440s, and wide band in hand next week to pacify me until next year. 800 to 1000cc, stinger or aem, and e85 is the plans.

Notsafe1jz

Aug 16, 2012
Ohio
I'm from norton/barberton area. Surprising I was in canton tonight with some friends. I used to frequent the car scene down in canton and have a couple of good friends from canton that I still keep in contact with.

wornoutsupra

i gots a poopra
Jan 23, 2010
canton,ohio
Ha there is a car scene in canton? Seems like your not to far away, well have to get a group together before it snows and hang out or something for a bit.

Mk3*Supra

Jun 14, 2010
Ohio
I wasn't posting because I haven't been working on the Supra.. was playing with other drift cars.. and you guys are lame and think drifting is lame

Hopefully I'll be able to see if my girl will run today or tomorrow