OHIO thread

bfr1992t

The quiet one
Oct 29, 2005
Ohio
The reason I don't hang out on SM much is all of the misinformation. Check out the most recent weight loss and 7M build threads.

According to the weight loss thread, R154's magically die at 500hp/tq. According to the 7M build thread all sorts of parts are needed for 500hp. Both are BS, and I can tell it's information based on anecdotal tales that have been exaggerated as they've been passed through the community...because I heard the original tale.

Once these tales became fact, everyone has jumped on the band wagon and assumed it would happen. When it finally did happen to them at even less power it didn't occur to them that it might be their or the PO's driving skills/lack of maintenance (low oil) or simply having high miles.

bfr1992t

The quiet one
Oct 29, 2005
Ohio
Keep in mind a twin scroll .84 is likely going to be equiv to a .68 single scroll. If you are dead set on a spool valve I'd get a larger housing.

the spool valve would come only if there was a need for it to reduce lag, if the turbo spools fine without it thats ok by me. and youre right theres a lot of misinformation. but there is some good info too. hell i took my totally factory bottom end, head and even head gasket to 483rwhp. sure it was on a 50/50 mix of cam2 110 and 93 pump, but the only thing done was i torqued the factory head bolts to 70ft/lbs. and that 483 was achievable primarily with bolt ons.

wornoutsupra

i gots a poopra
Jan 23, 2010
canton,ohio
bfr thats why I pretty much just look in the ohio thread and for sale thread. Plus it seems on this forum anymore that no one wants to help anyone, just pick at them and what not. Whatever though fuck'em haha.

jonahs_supra

May 17, 2011
Lancaster, Ohio, United States
Ok theres tons of mis information on here in the 7m section

My build will be a 500 7m. With forged internals for how much I plan to best on it lol
Have since decided to buy bolt ons and get stock motor to my goal then when and if it blows then I'll have my other built bottom end to throw in

That's the plan atleast. Just a wide band and downpipe away from installing/tuning on maftpro

Mk3*Supra

Jun 14, 2010
Ohio
bfr1992t;1838082 said:
The reason I don't hang out on SM much is all of the misinformation.

Your not supposed to get on forums for actual information

wornoutsupra;1838132 said:
bfr thats why I pretty much just look in the ohio thread and for sale thread. Plus it seems on this forum anymore that no one wants to help anyone, just pick at them and what not. Whatever though fuck'em haha.

you get on forums to do what wornout said lol

jonahs_supra;1838161 said:
Yakuza thats exactly ehat I been wanting lol
Please pm me how much shipped to me

Zach fu** you lol

i gotta look around for the ddp. its uhhh. somewhere around the house/in the shed/garage/loft. no idea where i put it, i had it on my red 88 like 5 years ago and havent used it since. its around somewhere though. ill let you know man, or maybe you can just pick it and the 264's up at the same time lol

Mk3*Supra

Jun 14, 2010
Ohio
wornoutsupra;1838372 said:
Hey jonah, your never going to get a DDP haha. On a good note though, my car is finally coming alive, got it to crank tonight.

Purple people eater ready to eat some cones?

and seriously i want your friends diff since he doesnt want the car