OHIO thread

wornoutsupra

i gots a poopra
Jan 23, 2010
canton,ohio
I would, just to be safe. I mean you might not have a problem with the stock, but if you get a aftermarket one it might be alittle better for everything what is your setup as of now?

supradrifter1

Boost Addict
Jun 25, 2007
Brookville, Ohio
Greeting my fellow Ohioans. LOL

The name's Charlie. I'm from the Dayton area, actually about 14 miles from Indiana on 70 in a little town called Lewisburg.

I recently traded Carter my SC for his Supra, I used to have an 89 Turbo that I sold a few years ago. I never really felt "at home" in the SC like I did my supra so thats why I traded it.

I'm down for a meet pretty much any where as I'm up at Indian Lake or in Lima workin on a friends 91 All-trac on the weekends.

jlcrhcp85

Jan 6, 2011
Akron, Ohio
current setup is d*mn near stock, but i got 3" full exhaust and 8mm wires, and i cut the end of the factory air box out if that counts? lol. ive been fixing a sh*t ton of factory stuff for the last few years n just now got her running right to start upgrading. from what i know, in order i should do: intake, downpipe, catback, highflow/test pipe, boost controller, raise boost to 11.5, intercooler/piping, (bov?), 255lph fuel pump, lexus afm/550 injectors, raise boost to 14... in you guys' opinions, do you think thats pretty accurate?

SUPRA721

Jul 15, 2008
CLEVELAND
jlcrhcp85;1668896 said:
current setup is d*mn near stock, but i got 3" full exhaust and 8mm wires, and i cut the end of the factory air box out if that counts? Lol. Ive been fixing a sh*t ton of factory stuff for the last few years n just now got her running right to start upgrading. From what i know, in order i should do: Intake, downpipe, catback, highflow/test pipe, boost controller, raise boost to 11.5, intercooler/piping, (bov?), 255lph fuel pump, lexus afm/550 injectors, raise boost to 14... In you guys' opinions, do you think thats pretty accurate?

just put in a 1jz and u will be done

Courterman08

Aug 8, 2010
Lima, OH
supradrifter1;1668866 said:

The name's Charlie. I'm from the Dayton area, actually about 14 miles from Indiana on 70 in a little town called Lewisburg.

I recently traded Carter my SC for his Supra, I used to have an 89 Turbo that I sold a few years ago. I never really felt "at home" in the SC like I did my supra so thats why I traded it.

I'm down for a meet pretty much any where as I'm up at Indian Lake or in Lima workin on a friends 91 All-trac on the weekends.

Wang's All-trac?

jlcrhcp85

Jan 6, 2011
Akron, Ohio
Its about ME havin fun with MY project. ive been tinkering with this car for years on a low budget and im having fun with it. for the same money you probably have in your 1jz mk3, you could have bought a $500 pinto and made a funny car that'd smoke your 1jz too. but you chose the route you did because YOU wanted it. =D

wornoutsupra

i gots a poopra
Jan 23, 2010
canton,ohio

Hey whats up man your on OD to arent you? I think I have seen you on there a couple times my name is wornout on OD and the name is zack. Glad to see you made your way over to our little world, again lol.

supradrifter1

Boost Addict
Jun 25, 2007
Brookville, Ohio
Courterman08;1669010 said:
Wang's All-trac?

Nah my friend's name is Tom, he just started goin to UNOH this year for diesel tech, but he's lived in Lima his whole life. He's had the All-trac quite a few years now but hasn't been able to drive it for a while till recently since he hasn't had a job for awhile now and has now started going to school. He's basicly restored it since he got it, new paint and engine after he bought it when he had a good job. Its red. He's shown me another red one that was up there that was someone he met at school.

wornoutsupra;1669094 said:
Hey whats up man your on OD to arent you? I think I have seen you on there a couple times my name is wornout on OD and the name is zack. Glad to see you made your way over to our little world, again lol.

Yeah I'm on OD under the same SN. I've seen you on there also.

Thanks for the kind words guys. I've been out of the supra game for a while now so I'm going to be frequenting this forum a lot to catch back up on everything that I have missed/forgotten and relearn myself about the car, lol.

carter

"The Ninja"
Nov 1, 2005
Ohio
www.myspace.com
jlcrhcp85;1668896 said:
current setup is d*mn near stock, but i got 3" full exhaust and 8mm wires, and i cut the end of the factory air box out if that counts? lol. ive been fixing a sh*t ton of factory stuff for the last few years n just now got her running right to start upgrading. from what i know, in order i should do: intake, downpipe, catback, highflow/test pipe, boost controller, raise boost to 11.5, intercooler/piping, (bov?), 255lph fuel pump, lexus afm/550 injectors, raise boost to 14... in you guys' opinions, do you think thats pretty accurate?

Honestly if i was you, I would have kept the factory air box. I haven't seen one in a supra i've owned yet, and haven't seen to many in the fs threads. Personally I would have done what is refered to in the SC world as BFI and change the piping leading to the turbo. If you need a cheap bov and walbro, I got them just let me know.

As far as mods go, I'd say full 3" elbow/dp/exhaust, make your own boost controller, BOV or BPV, Lexus AFM, 255 walbro, afpr, piggy back & wideband and call it a day. You can raise boost up to 14, if your ic piping & turbo check out. If you go over 12psi you'll need a piggy back or HKS FCD. Anything more then 14psi and your gonna need an intercooler & piping and ya might wanna think about upgrading the CT's, as its only efficient to 14psi.

whats up man, welcome.

I know what you mean about the SC, but I'll find me another one soon enough ;)

mjrsplat

Dec 14, 2010
ohio
anyone interested in a silver 3 piece wing? i dont think im gonna use it, its just collecting dust here. im lookin for a hundred bucks for it, thats what i got wrapped up in it.

mjrsplat

Dec 14, 2010
ohio
yep.. found cusco's for 300, theyre as good as mine, but one needs rebuilt. so i am hunting around to see what that would cost before dropping the money on them. why you got some cheap?

wornoutsupra

i gots a poopra
Jan 23, 2010
canton,ohio
mjrsplat;1672451 said:
yep.. found cusco's for 300, theyre as good as mine, but one needs rebuilt. so i am hunting around to see what that would cost before dropping the money on them. why you got some cheap?

I know fandffan is selling all 4 teins for 850 he is in bowling green, he has them posted on OD and here. They are clean as f*!! lol.

---------- Post added at 07:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:27 AM ----------

87mk111;1672472 said:
i got some parts from the man ibn brown for the civic the toher. ill put some pics up if anyone is interested

huh? lol what are you trying to say brother, kinda lost. Its all good though ha ha.

mjrsplat

Dec 14, 2010
ohio
the other set im lookin at dude wants 300. im prolly gonna hop on those, lol. just doin a little research first.

mjrsplat

Dec 14, 2010
ohio
anyone got a GOOD radiator for a mkiii supra? its 1jz swapped 5 speed if that matters. i need one asap, mine sprung a leak.