Official Minnesota Supra Meet, July 2011

emiliorescigno

Supramania Contributor
Sep 17, 2006
Woodbury, MN
Yup - that's how all the previous meets have gone so far. I've been scoping out the area for good twisty roads too, so I'll be out cruising around after most people have left...

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
Hope the best for your guys' meet from a fellow Midwesterner!

I was never PM'd to Sticky the Thread, but I did it anyway (Regardless of having a t-minus countdown of 3 days!) :)

Post lots of pictures and videos,

Jeff

emiliorescigno

Supramania Contributor
Sep 17, 2006
Woodbury, MN
What gaskets are you looking for? I don't want to berate SupraSport, but their Manifold -> Turbo Gasket and the Turbo -> Elbow Gasket really aren't up to snuff compared to the OEM Toyota ones. I learned that from experience...

toyotanos

What will we break today?
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
Nothing aftermarket is up to snuff when it concerns those gaskets- I reused mine at least 10 times (way more on the turbo-downpipe one) and they still sealed like a dream! Now- if you're using their S.S. gasket between a Boss turbo and their spacer I think they'd be fine (very clean and machined surfaces). Much better use for the gaskets :)

Mr.Yuk

Apr 3, 2009
Minnesota
I promise to be there in spirit. Due to the small work force where I am at, there is nothing I can do. I found out too late. Blah

fixitman04

fixer of all things !!
Sep 18, 2008
north dakota
well guys i have a major oil leak... waiting on a seal to get here tomorrow so hopefully i can get it back together by saturday night... if not il be there in the silverado :(

toyotanos

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
I've texted Rob acouple times lately, he's alive... I'll let him know about the meet tonight :)

Drew: When we set up the next meet I will personally text you (or yer boss :p ) to ensure that you are able to attend. I will include a can of 'gremlin-away' for application a week prior to the meet so ensure that your car mkes it as well. ha HA!

emiliorescigno

Supramania Contributor
Sep 17, 2006
Woodbury, MN
fixitman04;1735592 said:
well guys i have a major oil leak... waiting on a seal to get here tomorrow so hopefully i can get it back together by saturday night... if not il be there in the silverado :(

That sucks - best of luck with your last minute repairs!

toyotanos

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
Hey, Jeremy's the best at those kind of things! Heck, everybody remembers our custom transmission repair procedure from a couple years ago... ;)

fixitman04

fixer of all things !!
Sep 18, 2008
north dakota
front main seal....yay! hope i have one to put in ...... while im there....under the hood that is... what should i gap the plugs at? im finally getting around to putting that valley cover in

---------- Post added at 05:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:26 PM ----------

trans is still working great!!!

---------- Post added at 05:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:27 PM ----------

maybe steve needs to try the "repair" proceedure

toyotanos

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
Plugs at stock power levels work well at .031" (0.8mm) I like Denso plugs, but other people have had luck with NGK's.
Denso P/N PQ20RU
NGK: BCPR6ES

Edit: these are for stock coils/wires, I have a diff recommendation set if you're using IS300 coils/wires.

fixitman04

fixer of all things !!
Sep 18, 2008
north dakota
stock coils, running a bosh copper plug.....i know...nobody had ngk or denso in stock. #7555-fr7dc. i am taking bosh double platinums out....had good luck with them.

Wayzhack

Jun 22, 2010
Twin Cities, MN
toyotanos;1735275 said:
Nothing aftermarket is up to snuff when it concerns those gaskets- I reused mine at least 10 times (way more on the turbo-downpipe one) and they still sealed like a dream! Now- if you're using their S.S. gasket between a Boss turbo and their spacer I think they'd be fine (very clean and machined surfaces). Much better use for the gaskets :)

Actually i just need a coupla valve cover gaskets cuz mine are leaky. I think I might also have a coolant plug problem... but i could very easily be wrong. I still know little to nothing about cars and supras, so be prepared for my noobish questions when i get there! haha

toyotanos

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
fixitman04;1735646 said:
stock coils, running a bosh copper plug.....i know...nobody had ngk or denso in stock. #7555-fr7dc. i am taking bosh double platinums out....had good luck with them.

Hmm, no Toyota dealers local to you? You can squeak by with a Tundra plug- K20R-U. Not 100% right, but better than a bosch x(

Wayzhack- Just go to a dealer local to you and order them up. Bring your VIN number cause they'll want it, but the VC gskets aren't that spendy. 100% chance they'll have to order them in, though

emiliorescigno

Supramania Contributor
Sep 17, 2006
Woodbury, MN
Wayzhack;1736013 said:
Actually i just need a coupla valve cover gaskets cuz mine are leaky. I think I might also have a coolant plug problem... but i could very easily be wrong. I still know little to nothing about cars and supras, so be prepared for my noobish questions when i get there! haha

We all have to start somewhere. I knew very little when I got my first Supra, and I still have all kinds of things to learn. Best way to get comfortable working on cars though is to learn from your mistakes and advice from others. Any questions you may have - I'll do my best to help.

toyotanos

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
Just so people know, this meet is rain or shine and I will personally guarantee at least 1 Supra to be in attendance rain/snow/shine/armageddon/etc :p