Official emanage ultimate thread

Victor Charlie

Supramania Contributor
Aug 18, 2009
Ann Arbor
I just made a wiring diagram for how I plan to graft my EMU into the supra wiring, including three add on gauges for EGT, Volts, and AFR, and aftermarket k-type egt probe, plus the Zeitronix Zt2 datalogging and wideband box. I have set it all up so that the unit is grafted in via modular connectors I ordered from Radio Shack online. It can be removed or bypassed by moving a few connectors. I also have the gauges, with dimmable lighting, on a separate connector. The wires T-connected into the ECU harness are on a separate connector than the wires that are cut and have their signals modified through the EMU. This allows the cut wires to be reconnected, but still leaves the patched in wires available on a modular connector for convenient testing and data logging. Be warned: I haven't done the install yet, so there may well be errors. I tried to check everything carefully and went through every manual and online source I could find to get it right. It is a very complicated diagram when all is said and done, surprisingly so. I just sharing in case anyone can use a starting point for planning their own installation. THe file is easily downloaded and modified with just excel, no drawing program needed - I used simple character graphics. I hope this helps someone someday. Please PM me with requests for clarification and to notify me of errors or improvements, since I'm only on here occasionally.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BxPTfhLmSbNwRHVFWmtxVFF2cXc/edit?usp=sharing

Good luck with your installs!

Chris_87_Turbo

Nov 5, 2013
Princeton, TX
Anybody have the software that came with the unit? I can seem to locate my disc. If you have it and can make an ISO out of it let me know.

Chris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

seoul4korea

Nov 6, 2008
San Diego, CA
www.supraforums.com
Chris_87_Turbo;2009249 said:
Anybody have the software that came with the unit? I can seem to locate my disc. If you have it and can make an ISO out of it let me know.

Chris

Chris, if you have your Unit Serial number you can get a hold of Greddy and they will email you the files you need.

Chris_87_Turbo

Nov 5, 2013
Princeton, TX
I have to get to it. Right now it's on an old Honda build. (I know it's a Honda, but there aren't too many 700 plus whp crvs running around). Ended up selling to a buddy before I could actually get a good dunno run other than the tuning runs which I can't find the printouts anymore.

Chris

quickstudy

Jan 16, 2012
Ann Arbor, MI
Updated: Engine is working with EMU - updated wiring diagram and jumper settings.

I have all the inputs and outputs on the EMU verified by DVM or oscilloscope except the IgF modification circuit. When I bypass the added circuit and connect IgF from Ignitor to TCCS ECU normally, my care is running nicely with EMU controlling the injectors, ignitor, AFM signal. This is currently set up with stock AFM and injectors. I have an updated wiring diagram, along with my jumper settings in the Excel file below. The software setup parameters I'm not posting because I'm not done playing with all the options. Also, my car has no tune on it now, this is just a straight 1:1 input to output mapping to get the car running and recording data through the EMU unit to the laptop. This will be my first time tuning, and I'm planning on paying someone to get the basic tune in place. I would love to hear from someone else working on tuning their car with EMU. PM me if you want to compare notes.

This is the updated file, please disregard the earlier link.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxPTfhLmSbNwV2FHTlZwa19jc1E/edit?usp=sharing

Chris_87_Turbo

Nov 5, 2013
Princeton, TX
I did a few Hondas. It's fairly easy if you take the time to research and the patience to mess up a little. Just remember make small adjustments at a time. I got lucky and had access to the knowledge of the best Honda tuner in this half of the country when I was tuning mine

Chris

quickstudy

Jan 16, 2012
Ann Arbor, MI
Yeah, this is the fun part. I have had trouble finding a tuner with experience with this type of car in Michigan, but there is enough published and online that I'm not worried. It's nice to have a piggyback unit that starts from the stock tuning, and a car to tune that has some much information available.

Got the IgF signal mod working - bad solder joint, so now I can say my wiring diagram and jumper settings appear to be functional.