Official CD009 to Mkiii group buy

empera

Authorized Vendor
Mar 30, 2005
Philly.
interesting! cant wait to see it all come together....could be a route i can take with my mk4

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I've got a friend here locally who has this tranny mated up to his 1jz in a MKIII. He seems to like it a lot.

GC89

1J-THIS
Jun 13, 2007
Spokane, WA
suprahero;2046639 said:
I've got a friend here locally who has this tranny mated up to his 1jz in a MKIII. He seems to like it a lot.

Or any info on how he tackled the adapter and or shifter setup?

sulikcassidy

Jan 22, 2012
Europe
I´m interested in a W58 plate too. :)
Because the R154 bellhousings are about 400$ new here in europe. :/
And you won´t finde them used without the R154 transmission...

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I'm pretty sure he had to change the tunnel a bit and I know his shifter is further back than our stock setup. It's about four or five inches further back.

I will ask him just to verify tomorrow though.

empera

Authorized Vendor
Mar 30, 2005
Philly.
I would think these could work on an mk4 with just a custom ds and longer shifter...

Zazzn

l33t M0derat0r (On some other forum) n00blet here
Apr 1, 2005
Toronto/SF Bay area
interesting, but what about diff and gear ratios? how will it work on the mk3 chassis?

Also plans for speedo? Not having a speedo is a bitch... Even though there are GPS speedos and what not avail for apps on iphone/android

1986.5supra_kid

Rice? No its Corn (E85)
Zazzn;2047461 said:
interesting, but what about diff and gear ratios? how will it work on the mk3 chassis?

Also plans for speedo? Not having a speedo is a bitch... Even though there are GPS speedos and what not avail for apps on iphone/android

there are gps units, hall effect units like what standalones use with driveshaft mounted ones and possibly using front abs sensor is possible with some figuring.

Ali SC3

Jul 27, 2009
VA
what kind of 6 speed shifter housing and shifter is that? I was also working on this on clublexus and was thinking of using an xterra 6 speed base right there as its 6 speed shifter with reverse lockout and also has the 3 bolt design like the 350z. shifters are different though but that part can be solved.

jholmes24

May 26, 2014
raleigh, nc
I'm very interested in being a part of this movement lol, my buddy is running this trans in his s14, yea not a supra, but it shifts very nicely and seems to be solid. so count me in.

GC89

1J-THIS
Jun 13, 2007
Spokane, WA
Thinking this is dead, which is unfortunate. Albert has been MIA for a while now.......................sometimes life comes up

Hopefully he will at least chime back in with what he has learned so some of us might be able to run with this on our own. If he figured out the shifter issue, building or having an adapter plate build wouldn't be difficult.

1986.5supra_kid

Rice? No its Corn (E85)
not dead. just busy. last i heard, his car was being prepped for paint. he'll be going to siv and i beleive he has redone the fuel system so i can only imagine that he would go threw all this work to showcase the setup for an advertisment at SIV. brandon is currently getting ready to fit it to the 7m so its just been a waiting game on updates.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Tgood;2047344 said:
Is his car red suprahero?

Yes, his car is red. His name is Jason. He's not a member on here, but he's a local guy that has helped me a lot in the past few months with my ms3pro and other things. He's a great guy and very very smart.........unlike yours truly.