Official 2012 PacNW Supra Nationals Thread

2jz88mk3

Dec 31, 2008
GVRA
12 people eh? If I register it sounds like I'll be a shoe-in for fastest mk3 for the 3rd year in a row!? Wahahaha.... Maybe if I can get over my fear of the american boarder shredding my car (happened to a few people I know, complete disassembly), plus I don't have a passport.

Maybe its time for someone else to win :hide:

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
lol - why not just ask for a trophy for nicest car owned by a guy with the screen name Enraged while you're at it?

On a serious note, there's no easy way to tell the difference between a stock CT and an upgraded unit. The true stock people will howl if you put them up against the upgraded guys, and it quickly turns into a bitch fest. Witness the still ongoing controversy over 'stock twins' records in the Mk4 community - there's still hard feelings about that 15 years later.

Jayhall

WHIP THE PISS OUT OF THEM
May 7, 2005
Surrey BC
honestabe;1825383 said:
Don't fear the border. Cross at the Aldergrove crossing, much nicer people there. I've noticed they hassle me less there.

NO!! Aldergrove is fucked. Everytime I cross I get pulled over and I am a nexus card holder. Dont worry about the car being torn apart, just do act like a sketch bag. You are going to a car show youve got nothing to worry about.

Enraged

A HG job took HOW long??
Mar 30, 2005
Victoria, BC, Canada
GrimJack;1826112 said:
lol - why not just ask for a trophy for nicest car owned by a guy with the screen name Enraged while you're at it?

On a serious note, there's no easy way to tell the difference between a stock CT and an upgraded unit. The true stock people will howl if you put them up against the upgraded guys, and it quickly turns into a bitch fest. Witness the still ongoing controversy over 'stock twins' records in the Mk4 community - there's still hard feelings about that 15 years later.

haha

I don't really care about hp numbers if the car is fun to drive, which it is (thanks Bill!).

If there were enough entrants, you could break up the HP by injector size, so it wouldn't matter if someone is running an upgraded CT vs a full ball bearing T4, as the hp would be determined by their particular setup and tuning.

VanSupra

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Van,B.C.
The first half of your trophy would be the venue(s) that are being provided by the organizers of this event. The the second half would be the luxury to socialize and showcase all the hard work that has been put into your vehicle. Everything else is gravy.

:canada

VanSupra

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Van,B.C.
I might have one of nm's forgotten old underwear lying under his bed around here, autographed by a brakestand up the middle that you can have for a trophy! lol
:runaway::runaway:

Jayhall

WHIP THE PISS OUT OF THEM
May 7, 2005
Surrey BC
VanSupra;1826311 said:
The first half of your trophy would be the venue(s) that are being provided by the organizers of this event
that trophy is also known as "your own front bumper" that has to be removed to dyno

honestabe

Happy as hell :D
Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
No bumpers will need to be removed for the dyno. Illtech is working on building a new 30 foot ramp that extends out from the dyno to make driving on and off very easy. For the ultra-low we will have 1x6 lumber on hand.

We would like to officially welcome Domino's Pizza as a sponsor for this years event.

The Show-n-Shine location is now posted.