Official 1st Annual Upper Midwest Supra Meet!!

How does june 15th-17th work for everyone?

• Not happening

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NewGen

Apr 6, 2007
Norwalk, IA
Hey Guys, I know a lot of you probably don't know me. I'm doing my best to become more active with some of the semi local members. I've decided to try my hand at getting a Midwest supra meet together. The idea of this meet is to get some of the surrounding states in the upper Midwest together (IA, MN, WI, IL, MI) anyone's welcome to attend of course. I'm planning on a Friday night, Saturday, and leave Sunday morning. Without further delay here are the details I've gathered so far:

Where: Cedar Falls, Iowa
When: TBD (Up for suggestions).

Details:

Friday Night:
Meet and Greet with brews :drink1:
Place: Buffalo Wild Wings
Time: TBD later in the day

After meet and greet head back to the hotel for more socializing. There's one we stayed at that I really liked in the past just need to find the name of it again. They have pool, arcade, pool tables, and I believe breakfast.

Saturday:
Head out to Cedar falls raceway for a fun filled day of racing!
I can bring out a grill and we can grill out at the track.

Saturday Night:
Not set in stone yet and definitely up for ideas
Maybe a night cruise? If someone else can think of something fun in cedar falls I'm all ears. I'd suggest the bar but I already know there will be some people under 21 going from Des Moines.

Sunday:
Time to go home

All these ideas are subject to change. I'm up for all ideas. Please RSVP me and let me know and I'll add you to the list :).

Also if someone else would like to take charge as a co organizer that would be great. Preferably someone that's out of state so we get a good variety of help and ideas.

The List:
Newgen (Matt)
Toyotanos (Steve)
CRsupraIII (Joe)
Emericaskater285 (Grant)
Emiliorescigno (Emilio) hope I spelled that right!
Utterly1337 (Tony)(My brother)
Lee_MA61 (Leon)
Mr Bojangles (Peter)
Getzke (Dan)
Mark1987supra (Mark)
82MKII (Jake)

Edit- toyotanos

Spread the word to local guys around you and send 'em here!

link to this page for copy/pasting:
[noparse] http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?155956-Official-1st-Annual-Upper-Midwest-Supra-Meet!![/noparse]

Last edited:

toyotanos

What will we break today?
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
First thing's first, we need to find out when people are available to come to this shindig!

Here's some events I know of that will conflict for my attendance:
MAP Proving grounds is June 23-24
Powercruise is July 13-15

NewGen

Apr 6, 2007
Norwalk, IA
I agree! I'm up for all dates. My only area of conflict is July 21st & July 22nd. I'm in my best friends wedding. I'm thinking August. Their's a few of us around here that are still buttoning up our projects so that will give everyone plenty of time.

NewGen

Apr 6, 2007
Norwalk, IA
Updated the list at the top of everyone thats shown Interest. Onto the date. Maybe Aug 18th&19th? I need to call up to cedarfalls to see if there going to have a test and tune that morning.

NewGen

Apr 6, 2007
Norwalk, IA
Lee_MA61;1812691 said:
Im in. if I'm not broke before then. in which case someone sell me a good used R154 please. haha

I've got one thats good and blown up :) but I think you already have one of those haha.

mark1987supra

work in progress
May 26, 2008
Des Moines
I'm in, I would be be cautious with dates toward the end of August. Normally I think CHI2K has been happening around that time frame.