Notorious M.K.3.

ask92

That guy.
Nov 17, 2008
Rocklin, CA
rodel;1722919 said:
Thanks, man! You're gonna show at the next TORC? The rear diffuser that is now on my car, RE Amemiya, is currently available at Shine.

I hope to! Ive looked over then shineauto website and cant seem to find it listed? I haven't looked through the forum posts though. I hope to be making a large order of parts from them in the future!

jackmk2mk3

being supra-less sucks
Jan 14, 2010
Fullerton, CA
Uhh, quick question here.... Why was everything backwards in the video? Gotta say your car is pretty sick though dude. Keep up the good work so we all have something to drool over. :biglaugh:

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
ask92;1722970 said:
I hope to! Ive looked over then shineauto website and cant seem to find it listed? I haven't looked through the forum posts though. I hope to be making a large order of parts from them in the future!

Look under the RX-7 FD section of www.shineautoproject.com. Loooking forward to your project's completion.

---------- Post added at 10:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 AM ----------

jackmk2mk3;1722997 said:
Uhh, quick question here.... Why was everything backwards in the video? Gotta say your car is pretty sick though dude. Keep up the good work so we all have something to drool over. :biglaugh:

Thanks, man!

All the cars are JDM yo: rhd. (The pictures and video were flipped intentionally.)

jackmk2mk3

being supra-less sucks
Jan 14, 2010
Fullerton, CA
Aaahhhh ok. Gotta keep it JDM tyte! But seriously, your car is awesome. Do you happen to know if Shine plans on producing a copy of the Stout hood?

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Wow didnt even notice it was backwards. Thought i was a little funny but didnt put 2 and 2 together lol.

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Just bought the same bumper you have Rodel (Spec-G from Shine). Curious about what your grill area looks like as my car is an 88 and I will have to deal with that. I think you cut off the bottom insert to fit it on with your larger intercooler...
Planning my other parts.. car goes in for bodywork/paint first week of July... (hoping to make a SILV run next summer.. if it still is an ongoing thing.. hehe)

Any pics that show what you have done in the front grille area?

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
jackmk2mk3;1723910 said:
Aaahhhh ok. Gotta keep it JDM tyte! But seriously, your car is awesome. Do you happen to know if Shine plans on producing a copy of the Stout hood?

Thanks, again!

I doubt Shine will replicate the Stout hood. They usually don't replicate parts that are already being replicated by another company. You could order a replica through Nick Stonawski (that's his user name) in Supra Forums.

---------- Post added at 12:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 AM ----------

Grandavi;1724203 said:
Just bought the same bumper you have Rodel (Spec-G from Shine). Curious about what your grill area looks like as my car is an 88 and I will have to deal with that. I think you cut off the bottom insert to fit it on with your larger intercooler...
Planning my other parts.. car goes in for bodywork/paint first week of July... (hoping to make a SILV run next summer.. if it still is an ongoing thing.. hehe)

Any pics that show what you have done in the front grille area?

I don't have a picture of the intercooler with the bumper off to show the intercooler, but FYI, I don't have a bumper support and I cut the "air guide" of the Greddy bumper out so that the intercooler could be pushed out as far as possible.

Looking forward to your car. Good luck! (There has been no discussion of SILV 2011, so let's hope for the best.)

---------- Post added at 12:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 AM ----------

hvyman;1724082 said:
Wow didnt even notice it was backwards. Thought i was a little funny but didnt put 2 and 2 together lol.

All the cars in the video are RHD!

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I was referring to the grill area actually.. (between the signal lights). I currently have the OEM 88 bumper, changing to the 89+ style bumper (using the MA70-FB-G bumper, which I think is similar to yours). I think I am fine without touching the bumper (other than paint) because I run stock intercooler right now. Was just trying to figure out how to deal with the grill area because the 88 grill is different.
car1.jpg

(as shown here.. no centre piece.. so full grill from signal light to signal light)

I just cant find a picture that shows what is between your signal lights and the bumper center riser...

Never mind actually.. found a picture on Post #40, it looks like your empty there (which looks perfectly fine.. and what I was wondering about).

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
Grandavi;1724275 said:
I was referring to the grill area actually.. (between the signal lights). I currently have the OEM 88 bumper, changing to the 89+ style bumper (using the MA70-FB-G bumper, which I think is similar to yours). I think I am fine without touching the bumper (other than paint) because I run stock intercooler right now. Was just trying to figure out how to deal with the grill area because the 88 grill is different.
http://www.gdscentral.net/88supra/car1.jpg/IMG]
(as shown here.. no centre piece.. so full grill from signal light to signal light)

I just cant find a picture that shows what is between your signal lights and the bumper center riser...

Never mind actually.. found a picture on Post #40, it looks like your empty there (which looks perfectly fine.. and what I was wondering about).[/QUOTE]

You could actually trim the backside of the Greddy bumper's center piece and leave your 88 grill in place.

Bleakvoid

Wide-------------bodied
Oct 7, 2010
Fairfield, CA
Or shave the corner lights and grille completely for super sleeper status. It'll throw anyone familiar with the cars off at first...I didn't even notice mine were shaved until a month after I had bought the car.

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
Igknyte;1726353 said:
<3 your car Rodel def an inspiration for me to keep working on mine. but limited to a lower income -__-

Thanks, brother. It doesn't take a lot of money to make a nice car. From the look of your sig, seems like you have nice whip.

---------- Post added at 01:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:40 AM ----------

JillA70;1727331 said:
I want that lip Rodel!!! :p

Hi, Jill. You made it to SM! Wheel lippage is nice to have. How is you lip action coming along? I need more front lip.

The rear lip action is decent.
p1727728_1.jpg
p1727728_2.jpg

p1727728_3.jpg

rodel;1727728 said:
Thanks, brother. It doesn't take a lot of money to make a nice car. From the look of your sig, seems like you have nice whip.

---------- Post added at 01:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:40 AM ----------

Thanks. Well mine still is a WIP. just saving right now for a nice set of wheels since im dropped on some coils.
hopefully pick up some SSR's or Supra Advan Racing wheels.

JillA70

1JZUL8R RWZebraPower
Jun 15, 2011
SoCal
rodel;1727728 said:
Hi, Jill. You made it to SM! Wheel lippage is nice to have. How is you lip action coming along? I need more front lip.

my lip action is running into some problems, my panasports might need step lip action and i don't think my guy can get a hold of those barrels yet... im worried.

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
At Hellaflush 8 in Santa Monica beach, a couple of months ago.
p1734803_1.jpg

On the left of the picture: me (red sweatshirt), Kevin, and Ken (Shineautoproject). On the right is the long line of people waiting to pay for their parking spot. We had a Supra MKIV homie stand line for us. We're happy about not being in line. LOL.
p1734803_2.jpg

p1734803_3.jpg

After Hellaflush 8, we drove off to another meet: It's JDM Yo! Ist Anniversary
p1734803_4.jpg

Parking and a good demonstration of the "ghost" painted carbon fiber hood.
p1734803_5.jpg

Candid shot while cleaning the dirt collected while driving from Hellaflush 8.
p1734803_6.jpg

Last edited: