Not sure Where to post this 85 monte carlo 7m powered?

SupraSean

SPRASEAN MTHRFKR
Mar 3, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Instead of the typical v8 in a supra... I'm wondering who would be interested in seeing a 7m powered G body. Mainly Going to be a Drag car. Pro's? Cons? I want to hear your opinions. engine will be a mild build around 500wheel..

SupraPieces

Nov 23, 2011
New Jersey
www.facebook.com
Sounds interesting... a fusion between the old school big body muscle and newer school import motors... could prove to be a real PITA however, that would be a hell of a beast... Don't go cheap!!!!

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
IJ.;1786791 said:
Probably lighter than a Mk3 as well ;)
If not about the same... Comfy too!

Seriously though, most of the fastest G-bodies I've seen were powered by 6 cylinder engines. Granted, not inline 6's, but still pretty cool. Kinda weird too, reminds me of that C4 Corvette in Kuwait with a 2j swap.

Engine bay long enough for an inline 6? I mean there are always big enough hammers and enough lube to make most anything "fit", but realistically speaking?

oldsking

Mar 19, 2009
Chapel Hill, NC
haha why the idea on this car? I love my G-bodies with a nasty v8 in them. My plans for next year are a buick regal, 6 speed with a LS1 behind it or a 406 built for a 76mm turbo :)

It will be a unique design hands down but will it be the rigth path?

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
Why not the 3.8V6 turbo that's in the GN? Or the 4.3 V6 turbo found in the Sy Ty's. No fabbing motor mounts. Off the shelf performance parts readily available. Can run alot of GM trannys without the hassle of fabbing up a bell housing or drive shaft.
But if you want to burn through money just to say you did it then go for it.