northwestsupra's 500hp build

PlatinumTracks

Dec 8, 2008
CA
northwestsupra;1401738 said:
well im doing my best

Decided to check out your build since you checked out mines and.....

you pretty much poopra-ed on my supra....

how much the build cost you total and got any vids of this thing in action....

(sry if these were answered already kinda just skimmed threw)

northwestsupra

Sep 19, 2006
Washington, Marysville
haha i dont have any videos except for walk arounds but thats it, the car still isnt running, stuck on money for a stand alone and some other smaller cheaper things then it should be runnable. and i can do a guess that there is about 14k-15k$ into it easy

northwestsupra

Sep 19, 2006
Washington, Marysville
ok so maybe you guys can help me out with measurements on something, my rear sub-frame has the crack on it still, im going to see about getting a welder to fix the crack, then i was thinking about doing some frame work down there to add support, i know people have done it but i guess pictures will help to get an idea of what to do. im trying to avoid any bending of tubes if possible.

northwestsupra

Sep 19, 2006
Washington, Marysville
ok so im very very lost in the electrical in the car now. my mission is just to get interior power. what i have hooked up

ground cable to engine and fender
ground for ecu

alternator power
battery to starter
brown connector on starter

test i have done.
checked battery voltage 12.3V

i did a conductuity test on under hood fuse box fuses, they are all showing as grounds, but nothing on positive.
i checked voltage on fuses, nothing.
so i basically gave up at that point, i jumped the radio fuse inside the car, because thats what i wanted anyway. my police scanner turned on but radio didnt, i figured this is because it has ignition power wire hooked up. so i jumped both the ign. and raidio. and then the scanner turned off. well then i noticed that when shaking the scanner and radio that the clock would dim and come back on.

so now im starting to think wtf.

so i hook the battery to the charger to a 12v charge while im trying this crap out.

i tried to jump the ign and radio again i got the ign jumped and then get ready............. the window wipers turned on. and may i put that scared the shit out of me because there arent any wipers on them lol so it was metal to glass so all i hear EEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRR. lol so im like wtf. then i jumped just the radio and all the interior lights turned on and guess what, the wipers. and may i put the wipers are on the off position at the switch the whole time.

am i missing somthing here? or is there just that bad of a short

VooDoo

Draggin ass on his build
Mar 20, 2008
Valdosta ,Ga
Did you mess any wires up moving them under your fender? I feel you on time. I really expected to be farther along than I am. I just keep getting distracted with Motorcycles. But I was in the shop today dealing with wiring inside. I still have to put my motor/tranny in. Starter will be here tomorrow so maybe tomorrow I can drop them in. ONLY I have to beat the trans tunnel for it. Keep it up and I would make my next big investment in the same thing I said before. FFIM. It is tax time. And there are a few in the classifieds.

I to am doing all mine by myself. :: angry :: Check it out tell me what you think so far.

Northbaysupra

BAY AREA MKIII
Mar 19, 2010
Petaluma
I liking it It pritty close to my set up. but i agree i also too spent too much money building my engine bay. and for got all about my suspension. but thats my next stop .. any recommendations ? i hear bilstein with eibach is a good start. btw any upgrades i should do to my steering rack since my engine is out and is easy to access

honestabe

Happy as hell :D
Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
How big is your budget? If you have enough (say $800 roughly) I'd get coilovers. As for the steering rack I'd just give it a good cleaning and replace the fluid inside. Nothing else you can really do to it short of replacing it with something else.

Trevor, pics of your engine out of your engine bay? How long til your entire engine is apart enough for your inspection?

northwestsupra

Sep 19, 2006
Washington, Marysville
adam update your sig, your not running 400RWHP with a NEO lol uploading pictures now. i havent ripped into it yet. but will today soon

---------- Post added at 04:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:08 PM ----------

p1541533_1.jpg

p1541533_2.jpg

p1541533_3.jpg

Last edited:

northwestsupra

Sep 19, 2006
Washington, Marysville
p1541702_1.jpg

p1541702_2.jpg

p1541702_3.jpg

so i have finally finished pulling the head to see the damage, guess what NONE!!! WOOOO clean as day. all of the rusty colored crap on the surface is just copper spray "easy to take off" tomorrow i will pull the bottom apart and see whats going on in there, if anything.

the reason i am looking is because its pretty hard to start turning it over manually. it sticks at the start, but once it starts to move its very free moving "not like its on ice but its got a little resistance" but if i let it sit still for about 1-2 minutes it freezes up again. anything anyone thinks i should looks at, the mains are coming off so i can put some oil in it but thats about it. then i will spray the surface and walls with wd-40 to keep it rust free, then i will place the engine in a corner where it will sit untill i get my parts lol