No Start,,Yea another one

SupraSean

SPRASEAN MTHRFKR
Mar 3, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Got everything put together hooked everything up turn key, CRANKS OVER but doesnt fire, no sputter, nothing.. narrowed it down to the injectors. i have 40psi of fuel at the rail, but the injectors are not being grounded. checked ecu grounds which are all good. Exposed a small amount of wire for each of the three wires for the injectors at the ecu, individually grounded them using the ecu ground and they all fire.. so at this point im ready to consider that the circuit for the injector ground in the ecu has fried. before i buy another ecu,im just wondering one thing. Does the power go through the injector resistor first before the ecu? or visa versa? im just wondering if that could possibly be bad. Thanks in advance btw its a 92 gte

Last edited:

SupraSean

SPRASEAN MTHRFKR
Mar 3, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
ok so bump on this thread,, new ecu.. still nothing. What actually commands the ecu to fire the injectors? any help with this situation would be awesome Thanks in advance

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
SupraSean;1735084 said:
Got everything put together hooked everything up turn key nothing.. narrowed it down to the injectors.

The injectors don't crank the engine. The starter does. The injectors will not pulse without an airflow meter signal from running, or the starter crank signal. I think you left a ton of information from your original post. Pull codes if your engine cranks over but doesn't start.

SupraSean

SPRASEAN MTHRFKR
Mar 3, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Ok,, i screwed up how i wrote this, let me clarify,, it does crank, and it is definately in time and i definately have spark. If you spray starting fluid it will run.going to try to do a noid light test on the injectors this weekend.Oh,, and no codes

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
SupraSean;1739524 said:
and it is definately in time and i definately have spark.

You really need to look at the fuel pump/circuit, and make sure you have power to the injectors. The ECU supplies the ground which it seems you know. I doubt you lost all the grounds independently.

SupraSean

SPRASEAN MTHRFKR
Mar 3, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Ok,, ill check that out.. None of this makes anysense since i havent done anything different with the harness. lol.. Thanks for a advice so far guys ill try to do some diag this weekend if this heat lets up a little (-95), and is the resistor box for the injectors right next to the fp relay on the pass side strut tower?

SupraSean

SPRASEAN MTHRFKR
Mar 3, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
yes it runs,, like i said it builds 40 psi of fuel at the rail. but after you stop cranking the psi drops. which doesnt seem right to me i would think it should still hold pressure right? maybe bleeding through the injectors into the cyl? no idea

89supracrazy

Oct 31, 2009
wise

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
SupraSean;1740440 said:
yes it runs,, like i said it builds 40 psi of fuel at the rail. but after you stop cranking the psi drops. which doesnt seem right to me i would think it should still hold pressure right? maybe bleeding through the injectors into the cyl? no idea

When cranking the starter signal powers the fuel pump. You need rpm to run the pump after cranking as a safety measure. If you drop right after cranking, that is likely the problem. Well, the starter doesn't power the pump, it just allows it to be powered.

SupraSean

SPRASEAN MTHRFKR
Mar 3, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
89supracrazy;1740463 said:
Did you try these links.

http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Library/TSRM/MK3/manual.aspx?S=FI&P=59

http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Library/TSRM/MK3/manual.aspx?S=FI&P=51

The E01 and E02 grounds hook to the intake maifold. Make sure you have them connected good. Follow the other link to make sure you have voltage between the NO.10,20,and 30 to E01 and E02. Also check your 7.5 fuse in the link I sent you. You said you got everything put back together, would did you actually do.

My computer is being anti helpful as of now and wont let me go to the linked pages. i assume you mean What did i do.. I put another gte in my car used the same harness that ran perfectly fine previously. nothing has really changed i was going to be setting up the map ecu 2 but i have it disconnected to eliminate one more possibility of problems... ok so i probed the injectors today(which btw are rc 550s with ev2 clips). here are my results.
Clips unplugged:
cyl 1 12volts/roughly 1.5 volts
cyl 2 12volts/-0.2(roughly)
cyl 3 12volts/0
cyl's 4,5,6 were the same for their corresponding circuit.

Plugged in and back probed i have 12 volts on both sides of all injectors, when i crank it over the voltage has the normal drop to around 10-10.5 volts, but i dont see a (Neutral) number signifying a pulse.
The next step im ready to try is one Recheck for the 3rd time the manifold ground lol,, and then check the injector resistor to see what kind of numbers its getting. Which btw i tried another injector resistor to no avail.

Side note: The diagram i have infront of me right now is from mitchell, it shows the blk-org wire which i assume is the power, it shows it going to one of the wires for the ignition coil??

Need help guys Thanks

SupraSean

SPRASEAN MTHRFKR
Mar 3, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Ok i will try that. the only problem i have with that, is that it was the same one that came off of my engine when it was running. but it could very well be possible.Thank you, ill check that tonight

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
You said you lost fuel pressure when you stopped cranking. You went from what to what? After cranking and starting, you will have an input from the CPS. The computer then switches to the low speed operation of the pump. I don't know how the MAP ECU runs. I would think it only takes away the airflow meter signal and translates the map sensor for the airflow meter. What all does it do?

If you have spark, you have to have injection duration unless you lost all your grounds independently. Or the pump operation is lost after cranking which would be the two speed circuit open in some way.. Those are the only real choices. If you have spark, it can't be the CPS.

SupraSean

SPRASEAN MTHRFKR
Mar 3, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Map ecu is NOT connected. i think the fp issue is not interrelated. and wouldnt it be possible to only have one contact point, say g1 go bad?