No Start,,Yea another one

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
89supracrazy;1740935 said:
Ok I was in a hurry this morning. Had to go to work. That last reply I wrote was off the top of my head. I was pretty close. The fuel injectors will not work if you lose either the ne or g signals. Here is the link to prove it. Scroll down to page 15 and read. I would also check the cps connector which are brittle and the wires break right off.

http://www.cygnusx1.net/Media/Supra/Library/ToyotaTech/h22.pdf

Just as important, he will not have an spark if he doesn't have CPS input. And he says he has spark. It can't be the CPS. If he told us codes, maybe he lost is IGf signal. I want to know about his fuel pressure still.

SupraSean

SPRASEAN MTHRFKR
Mar 3, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Honestly im really leaning on a ground issue here.. im going to double check and triple check all the grounds, and as far as codes go i forgot to check last time i had the batt. connected. but the first time we tried this and i checked for codes there was nothing besides a tps code that was there last time around.. code 51 i believe..Regardless, i didnt get a chance to do anything today. perhaps tomorrow after work i can play with it a little. what do you guys think i should look into besides ground issues? and i will try to check for codes this time around. Oh one more thing, after reading a little bit into that article my fuel pressure dropping. could it be caused by the lack of a vsv to hold vac in the regulator thus holding psi? i do not have a vsv connected at this time.

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
You be confused. The VSV doesn't hold the regulator under vacuum with the engine off. In fact that's not what you want it to do because it would cause a pressure loss. Pressure should still hold though. Not that it has anything to do with your problem. Nor, I'm willing to wager, does grounding...

SupraSean

SPRASEAN MTHRFKR
Mar 3, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
ok, im sorry thats just how i understood the article.. and what do you suggest i check? Output at e01, 10, and 20 at the ecu? and about the grounding thing, i work at toyota as a parts guy and i was talking to our master tech out in the shop about this he told me it sounds like i ground issue, which i suspected could have been the problem in the beginning. Thats why i suggested it.. but what do you think i should try?

---------- Post added at 11:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 PM ----------

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=251002568261218&comments This is a vid of what the gauge looks like... sorry it was so dark

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
Grounding for the injectors is #10, #20, and #30. What did you mean by "got everything put together hooked everything up"? What condition was the engine in prior to all this? Is the timing even right? You aren't making this easy.

As supracrazy said there should be three ground wires going to the manifold and they should be connected to the ECU at E1, E01, and E02. If they are and the CEL comes on with the key I don't see it's as a grounding issue unless the ECU or wiring to the injectors is bad.

As Nick pointed out if there's spark it's unlikely to be CPS related. If you have spark and fuel pressure when the engine is cranking than verify injector power. Better yet verify all the basics first.

And you really ought to stop using Mitchell. Use the TEWD.

SupraSean

SPRASEAN MTHRFKR
Mar 3, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
O.K. I basically just took the Wiring harness, Injectors, fuel rail, intake, and other accessories off of my blown up gte, and put them on the new long block i have. it was an 87 gte so i did swap all neccisary sensors for the grey plug harness. put the engine/trans back in the car connected all the plugs from the harness to the body etc....... the engine was a known running specimen. The timing is absolutely right according to the tsrm, supramania step by step, and the 14 other times ive put a 7m in time lol. the cel does come on with the key. i have injector power as mentioned earlier, what i seem to be missing is the pulse from the ecu.. and i only used mitchell to reference a wiring diagram as kind of an at the moment kind of thing....i snagged a 91 supra wiring book from toyota and have been using that for the majority of the time..:)

---------- Post added at 11:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 PM ----------

just point me in the right direction...Check ecu ground connections?

SupraSean

SPRASEAN MTHRFKR
Mar 3, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
jetjock;1741144 said:
Check everything. If the ECU has been replaced, has power, and the wiring is good it has to work. Just spinning the CPS by hand with the key on will make the plugs and injectors fire. You're missing something.

Thats what i keep telling myself,, Will do thanks alot..

MNBmk3T

Aug 2, 2011
Burnaby, BC
So according to my understanding the car cranks fine but doesn't fire.
I had this problem a little while ago. Ended up being EFI fuse. Try pulling that out and replacing with another 15AMP fuse that's already there in the box being used for another purpose. I checked both fuses (both ended up being fine) and just swapped them and made sure they clicked into place properly. Car fired right up after. Hope that helps.

confusedone

Dec 26, 2011
augusta, GA
i have checked all of the fuses and even relocated the grounds, i just printed the pages from the links earlier but i am just really getting frustrated with it, and its not even my car :( im just the only 1 that is a good enough friend to go behind somebody and try to fix things.

D.J.T.

Aug 25, 2010
Arkansas, United States
Call me captain ovious, but if it will run if you spray starting fluid... I would try replacing the cold start injector? or check up on it... It IS an injector after all & does have a purpose... My MKII would just crank over & over, & wouldn't start.. replaced the cold start injector. started up on the first try. need more input to clarify though..