No Power in Boost: Help Please

Wildfire007

Dec 15, 2010
Cullman, Alabama, United States
Hey thanks guys, seriously. By the way jetjock I am doing tons of research and actually found some of your ECU write ups on MKIII Tech forum. Trust me I want to learn this stuff and I'm in the process of learning it. Everything with these cars interests me to no end and I've never found anything in life that was beyond my ability to learn. That includes advanced mathematics, or literature; therefore, I WILL figure this bull out and feel better about myself because of it lol.

Once again thanks a shit ton guys. Makes me feel like part of a community.

Wildfire007

Dec 15, 2010
Ok. After changing the AFM and making sure its connections were good I took it for a drive today. Only code before drive, after resetting ECU was 32(mine appears to be there and plugged in so i guess I'll need to buy another one.) I took it out into town, gave it a few hard pulls which it seemed to have more power now, then went home and parked it. Also added a half a tank of gas if that matters. Rechecked my codes. Nothing but a 32 again. Question.

What happened to code 52? Is this just a sign that my wiring is in the process of failing but hasn't quite failed completely? Therefore the code 52 doesn't always pop up?

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
I've heard of other people getting a code 32 on a 7M-GTE after attempting to clean the AFM as well.

The TSRM at CygnusX1 is a 1990, perhaps the code 32 is valid on older, yellow-plug GTE TCCS units as well, like how the 1990 TSRM doesn't list a code 11 anymore?

Wildfire007

Dec 15, 2010
And Dan I'd like to thank you for being both helpful and patient instead of assuming I am a complete fool. I am going to save this 87 tsrm to my computer, as should anyone else with a pre89 7m-gte as it will stave off confusion.

I'll check out my HAC with my multimeter to see if its in working condition and if not I guess I'll have to buy one. Does anyone reading this thread happen to have a working HAC just sorta hanging around in their garage lol?

Wildfire007

Dec 15, 2010
Because I bought the car as a dumbass 20 year old that knew absolutely nothing about them? lol Honestly didn't have to do much of any work on it that required a TSRM until 3 years later, so now I'm paying for my ignorance.

Oct 11, 2005
Thousand Oaks, CA
3p141592654;1960117 said:
... and I'm telling you no way. There is not even a VS signal line on the GTE ECU to short!

Mea culpa. I stand corrected and sorry for the bad advice. I've only recently dug into the code for the pre 89 ECUs, and now I see there are a lot of changes to the diagnostics. Toyota basically ran out of memory and had to ditch alot of things in the pre-89 ECUs to add newer features found in the 89+ ECUs.

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
Well, when I bought my car in 1996, I didn't figure that I was going to need anything more in-depth than a Haynes manual. After all, that was good enough for me to learn to do complete rebuilds of my V8 cars. I figured that I'd pick up one as soon as it was time to do something I couldn't figure out by looking at it.

As it happens, I got a TSRM by luck before I ever picked up a Haynes or Chiltons manual.