no more turbo

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
for some reason my friends 2JZGE had a blown headgasket (when he bought it and found out later) but looking at the plugs when taking out the harness... and the quality of their work on the transmission (silicone on the rear seal wtf?) its a wonder why... :)

charlesshen

Jun 5, 2007
orlando
Zerocool;979016 said:
2jzge engines love to blow stock head gaskets when you strap a turbo to it FYI ;)
sorry i dont plan on going turbo but thanks fo rthe fyi just in case i ever choose to ill know now. but i had a 2j with a single but i had sell it cause my cause my nephew is having kidney problems so my brother kinda needs the money bad and theres like 2 or 3 n/a's laying around my friends shop and hes going let to let me have a running swap.
so ill just have to be satisfied with some headers and cams if i can ever find some witch i cant

SupraClaou

Supramania Contributor
Sep 1, 2006
Athens,Greece
charlesshen;979030 said:
sorry i dont plan on going turbo but thanks fo rthe fyi just in case i ever choose to ill know now. but i had a 2j with a single but i had sell it cause my cause my nephew is having kidney problems so my brother kinda needs the money bad and theres like 2 or 3 n/a's laying around my friends shop and hes going let to let me have a running swap.
so ill just have to be satisfied with some headers and cams if i can ever find some witch i cant

Good luck to your nephew...
Health is more important than anything.
Hope he is going to be ok!

bloodasp90

JZwhore of JAPAN
Nov 9, 2007
on the river
This is coming from an injured service member, and i have to say, health always comes before my car ever has, and good luck to your nephew.

Being that im over here in japan, ive seen several NA MKIV (few and far) but ive seen some that are pushing well over the 400PS range in NA form, so NA isnt nothing to sigh away from in a 2J, i have to admit now..