No injector pulse!!! update

turbocrazy

May 10, 2014
crossville tn
Yes timeing is set and throttle is fine and I checked all I could in the trouble shooting but it doesn't start so I can't do the test for idling

san supra

May 21, 2009
san antonio
Have you done anything to your coils? Any wiring or anything like that? I havery coil on plug and I had no signal to the injectors because the coil wires weren't shielded enough and It wouldn't allow the injectors to get a signal

Rollus

Jun 2, 2011
Paris, France
As everything is fine, it's fine and engine starts, or ECU is toasted.

Also, how do you kow injectors don't pulse? is it by measuring voltage? That remind me this:
turbocrazy;2040694 said:
Well from everything I've tested nothing has shown its ugly face to be the problem and one of the troubleshooting checks said if all this passes and it still doesn't work try and new ecu and I've also noticed I'm getting 12v on both sides of the injector clip only if the other clip that's tied in is plugged to the injector?? Is that suppose to happen is it suppose to back feed the 12v through the injectors and back to the wires that go to the ecu?
and my mistake:
Rollus;2040717 said:
Having 12v on both sides shows injector is OK.
ECU job is to ground the side where you have 0V when unplugged from the injector.

Actually, injectors are (should be) wired in serial with resistor box, and they shouldn't see a full 12V.
Mine fired (single pulse):
Xu5J

Then:
turbocrazy;2040813 said:
I did redo the wires for my coils (2jz coils) but it ran before I did the rebuild

Was it working before???

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
There is a reason there are paid professionals doing not for free what you clearly cannot do. And by paid professionals, I don't mean low bid.

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
Rollus;2040900 said:
...Actually, injectors are (should be) wired in serial with resistor box, and they shouldn't see a full 12V...

Not to split hairs Monsewer but the box is of very low resistance and is there to limit current. So for all practical purposes he will see 12 vdc on both sides of the coil when the injectors aren't grounded. Put another way you were right the first time.

Oct 11, 2005
Thousand Oaks, CA
turbocrazy;2040694 said:
... I've also noticed I'm getting 12v on both sides of the injector clip only if the other clip that's tied in is plugged to the injector?? Is that suppose to happen is it suppose to back feed the 12v through the injectors and back to the wires that go to the ecu?

Yes, its normal. Your problem lies elsewhere.

Last edited:

turbocrazy

May 10, 2014
crossville tn
We used a noid light to check injector pulse and the light doesn't light but but it does work if powered (we checked) and the ran fine I spun a rod bearing and had to do a rebuild so I pulled it out did the rebuild and had to swap some parts ( rod, crank, head ) because of damage now it's all together and not getting it to squirt fuel compression is fine and I'm getting spark im about to just buy a ecu and see if that fixes it didn't wanna have to spend money and not know of it will work unless someone wants to send me one and if it works I'll buy it?

turbocrazy

May 10, 2014
crossville tn
Checked everything got new ecu and ignitor went thu a ton of wires still no injector pulse or tach movement checked the ig- wire and it was all good I have no clue what happend

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
*If* he really has spark, and *if* he really has 12v to the injectors and a working MIL, then his wiring is not correct. I just wonder if he has had a 14 this whole time and didn't tell us because it didn't matter to him.

turbocrazy

May 10, 2014
crossville tn
When I check my engine codes i get 52 I think or what eve it was was for the a/c and on the other computer I bought I got one for the sta wire but both computers don't give me the same code