No injector pulse!!! update

turbocrazy

May 10, 2014
crossville tn
So I rebuilt my 7mgte and I can't get it to fire after a lot of testing if figured I have no injector Pulse i know the ecu supply's the negative current to make the injectors open but I'm not getting it im showing hot on both sides of my injector clip what could be wrong I've checked everything I can think of am about to say my ecu died

Last edited:

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
The ecu's rarely go bad and its usually from user error.

The ecu is more likely not receiving the necessary inputs to send the outputs for the injectors.

Start with checking for codes.

turbocrazy

May 10, 2014
crossville tn
Checked for codes all I got was one it was 52 I think or 51 had to do with a/c and WOT. But im hot on both sids and not getting a negative from the computer is there another relay thAt might controll that the one near the battery is good

turbocrazy

May 10, 2014
crossville tn
We checked the cps and it seemed to be working and it's sending signal to everything and I'm pretty sure the cold start injector is firing and why would the computer send hot to the negative side of the injector clip?

turbocrazy

May 10, 2014
crossville tn
What am I thinking about? Both sides of the inector clip has 12v and from the readings we got with the noid light no negative. Now the weird part is we did get injector pulse for a min but as soon as we plugged them back in to fire it up it lost it again??

turbocrazy

May 10, 2014
crossville tn
Ya I get spark and if I remember my tach moves and we turned the cps manuel and still get spark when we spin it Manuely and we still get no pulse

turbocrazy

May 10, 2014
crossville tn
ok so i have a update on my issue i had to fix my connector on my cps and while trying to diagnose my problem i left the key on and noticed when i move my cps wires (car harness) i could hear a relay tic so i figured i had a broken or dirty wire which would get continuity but not send the correct signal so i tryed to fix it and by re wiring the connector on the car harness and still get the relay tick so im guessing somewhere in the harness is a break/short so im gonna try strait wires from ecu to the cps connector to eliminate the short. from the look of the wire diagram the cps goes strait to the ecu anyway (am i correct?) so this should hopefully fix the problem and also at the other question i know for sure my rpm gauge is not moving at all so let me know if what im gonna do sounds like a good idea and possible fix

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
The cps wires are shielded. usually it takes the most abuse right around the connector so your problem is likely there.

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
Werd. Of course, the cps wires have to travel all the way around the block to get back to the firewall. I've seen many occasions reported on here,
where the harness rests against the egr valve, and melts slightly. Any number of symptoms could manifest in such a case. Make sure your harness isn't in trouble back there, while you're looking at things.

turbocrazy

May 10, 2014
crossville tn
If fixed Both sides of the cps connector and got the dryed out cracked wires I was hoping that's where the fault was but it seems to be deeper in the harness and my engine has had the egr deletes since I've had it but if a strait shot to the ecu down the passenger side doesn't cure it I'll just have to tare into the engine harness and investigate more

super51fan

Jul 28, 2010
Indianapolis
The engine main harness have problems around the #6 intake runner. Sometimes you can push and pull gently on harness and the problem goes away for a short bit. If so you have narrowed down your problem.

Supraguy said the same thing. This is where I would look first.

turbocrazy

May 10, 2014
crossville tn
ok so i re did my whole cps wiring to the ecu and still no go... still have not injector pulse and still no movement form the tach i was looking up the ig- wire to see if maby that was the problem but that seems to just lead to the diagnostic block, right? i guess ill try and get the harness out and look back where the egr stuff use to be and see if i can find anything in the harness but i have found out that relay ive been hearing clicking is the brown vacuum thing not sure what its called but there is one for the egr vacuum and the fuel seems like the egr one is the one ticking when i wiggle the wires. anyone else have any clues while i go check the harness??? could use any useful info to track this PITA down!!!