No injector pulse!!! update

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
The cps wires need to be shielded as well. Can not just wire it like radio wiring.

How did you verify for spark?

turbocrazy

May 10, 2014
crossville tn
Ya I've verified spare with cps in and out (spin manuel) and spark is fine and the new wires are shielded. I'm gonna say I do have the resistor plugged because my wires are hot and the resistor is on the hot side in the diagram and the ecu side supply's the negative. Anyone have any other ideas? I'm about to say screw it and get a fuel/ignition stand alone

MK3Supra17

Jun 8, 2011
Toronto
turbocrazy;2038263 said:
What am I thinking about? Both sides of the inector clip has 12v and from the readings we got with the noid light no negative. Now the weird part is we did get injector pulse for a min but as soon as we plugged them back in to fire it up it lost it again??

just because a noid light doesnt work that doesnt mean the driver in the computer isnt pulling to ground. a shorted injector on a group fire system (2 injectors per driver, in this case) will cause the injectors on that circuit not to fire. unplug both injectors that use the same driver and check with a test light connected to battery positive to the control wire for the injector to see if the driver in the computer is pulling to ground. if you have spark then you do not have an input problem and the CPS isnt your guy.

EDIT: got a diagram off of shop key and highlighted how the control circuit works. its for an 89 supra so wire colours could be different for your application, but the way it works is the same.

G119448.jpg

Last edited:

turbocrazy

May 10, 2014
crossville tn
Still having no luck with anything pulled up a trouble shooting pin out but it doesn't match my ecu there are to many pins on the pin out I printed still no ground on my injectors re did wires to afm and cps will the car not run with egr and O2 gone

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
Here's the correct ecu pinout for 87-88 turbo.

p2040609_1.jpg

Go to the online TSRM and follow the troubleshooting steps.
If you follow the tsrm, you will figure it out. Don't give up like this guy(wierd- he has the same problem you do). :)

http://cookeville.craigslist.org/cto/4910616884.html

turbocrazy

May 10, 2014
crossville tn
Does the ecu have to see voltage on wires no.10,20,30 to send the correct signal to the injectors to fire? I about to rip the wire harness out and rebuild it

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
Those are the injector grounds and must be connected. All the ECU needs to provide injection output is power and ground on the proper terminals and a crank angle input. It really shouldn't be a difficult problem to resolve. Just measure everything involved a meter. That your MIL illuminates means you're already halfway there.

turbocrazy

May 10, 2014
crossville tn
checked more stuff everything is still good havent found anything come back negative. can anyone tell me what wire sends the signal to the ecu that tells the injectors to fine thats all i wanna know right now what sends the signal that says go to ground to make the injectors fire can anyone tell me that please

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
The pickup sends the engine time and position signals. That is the CPS. Duration and timing is also calculated with the airflow signal. Small corrections are made with the intake temp and coolant temp.

turbocrazy

May 10, 2014
crossville tn
I'll try some of those I've tryed most of the trouble shooting ones but I can't do the test idling because it won't start from what I've got out of the trouble shooting tests my ecu is shot and I need a new one is there a way to test mine? Don't wanna buy one and it not work

Aug 24, 2009
Nirvana
If the ECU is putting out positive voltage to the injectors, I think it's pretty safe to say it's shot lol (assuming there isn't a short somewhere). Don't think you can test it, you just test everything else to determine it's the culprit

Last edited:

turbocrazy

May 10, 2014
crossville tn
Well from everything I've tested nothing has shown its ugly face to be the problem and one of the troubleshooting checks said if all this passes and it still doesn't work try and new ecu and I've also noticed I'm getting 12v on both sides of the injector clip only if the other clip that's tied in is plugged to the injector?? Is that suppose to happen is it suppose to back feed the 12v through the injectors and back to the wires that go to the ecu?

Rollus

Jun 2, 2011
Paris, France
Having 12v on both sides shows injector is OK.
ECU job is to ground the side where you have 0V when unplugged from the injector.

For everything else this:
jetjock;2040616 said:
Those are the injector grounds and must be connected. All the ECU needs to provide injection output is power and ground on the proper terminals and a crank angle input. It really shouldn't be a difficult problem to resolve. Just measure everything involved a meter. That your MIL illuminates means you're already halfway there.

Check and set CPS and TPS.