No Hood on a car

dude4253

the speed of slow
Oct 9, 2007
Gainesville, Florida
So i was driving home about 5 minutes ago and there is a SC 300 parked in front of my house with no hood! Now I remember reading a thread on here about some dumbass wanting to do this but i never thought anyone was that stupid. Well i stopped and had to gawk at it for a second and the engine bay was pretty nice it had a 1jz (automatic) with single upgrade to a ct-26. If i was a lesser man i would have a new engine now:naughty: On the other hand if Jeff or Doward want a 1j here's your chance but it might rain tonight so you'd better act quick

I realize this thread is worthless without pictures but the only camera i have is a phone (I know *Fail*)

Wills7MGTE

( . )( . )'s RULE!!!!
May 12, 2006
Jackson, MO
www.myspace.com
Yeah ha weather is bad on wiring and mechanical components of engines, about the only upside is awesome amounts of cooling, downside is awesome amounts of bad things can happen!!!!!!

sounds like it's temporary, if it isn't tell the guy to quit being a moron!

ms07s

TORGUE!
Sep 29, 2007
Memphis,Tn
After I droped my engine back in my car I drove it with no hood for an hour or two. Great way to see if you have any leaks.:biglaugh:

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
I've done this on numerous occasions. Go ahead, Call me a ricer. :biglaugh:
Actually, It was always right after a motor reinstall...
Makes it convenient to get to things on the back-half of the motor/more workspace/more natural daylight to spot leaks, etc.

Maybe I missed it...But what the hell is a car like this doing "sitting in front of your house"?
By God, If I saw a car with a swap like that out of the blue,
I'd go apeshit trying to hunt down the owner.

::in a deep Western voice::
We,... don't see many of those around these parts...:biglaugh:

ms07s

TORGUE!
Sep 29, 2007
Memphis,Tn
I'll tell you this, with no hood a HKS ssq is loud as hell! I scared people all over my hood. I found 2 leaks, a loose bracket, and I concluded recirculating the bov was not optional.

fixitman04

fixer of all things !!
Sep 18, 2008
north dakota
did it on my truck for a week while i was doing some custom bodywork, weather has no influence if your car is in proper working order, your engine bay is open on the bottom, moisture does get in even with a hood.

theft on the other hand....well?

Isphius

Supra-less :(
May 30, 2006
long branch
i drove a jeep with no front body work and no windshield attached, really everything that comes off was off. Doors, roof, etc. that was pretty fun. It was like driving a mars rover or something.

dude4253

the speed of slow
Oct 9, 2007
Gainesville, Florida
Boost Lee;1220788 said:
Maybe I missed it...But what the hell is a car like this doing "sitting in front of your house"?

I live across the street from the midtown club section of Gainesville so the streets are lined with parallel parking, which made me to believe that he went to a club of some sorts.... be funny story to tell a cop if he got pulled over

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
fixitman04;1220974 said:
...weather has no influence if your car is in proper working order, your engine bay is open on the bottom, moisture does get in even with a hood.

I disagree. Go spray your motor with a garden hose. Pay particular attention to the plug valley. Yep, just fill it right up.

Now tell me your car runs as it's supposed to.

supr88

turbo addict
May 15, 2007
calgary or vancouver
today in calgary i saw some dumbass driving a prelude around with no hood on it. ??? weird.
one time when i was 4x4'ing with some guys, a suzuki samurai driver removed the hood of the vehicle because it was overheating. it actually helped alot, it was a really hot day.