NO Fuel Pressure

Supra-Kid315

Nov 5, 2007
Cambridge
Ok I need some help with no fuel pressure. Could a loose cold start injector (1 bolt broke) cause no pressure causing no fuel getting into the cylinders. No fuel is leaking from anywhere, I'm just curious if that would cause a no pressure problem.

Supra-Kid315

Nov 5, 2007
Cambridge
The fuel rail has fuel in it so I'm guessing the pump is good because I replaced a cooper seal which was leaking everytime I cranked the engine and now there are no visable leaks.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
To check the fuel pump, connect +B and FP in the diagnostic block. That will turn the fuel pump on.

DO NOT do this if you know you have leaks!

Supra-Kid315

Nov 5, 2007
Cambridge
could the vsv(fpu) cause a no pressure issue if it aint hooked up? just a random thought I'm going thru anything related to the fuel injection. evrything else seems to b fine cuz if I spray starter fluid in to the engine it will start up, no fuel leaks, I kno the pump is good because that's how I found my fuel leak, I cranked my engine for the first time in a few months and saw fuel spray out and replaced the copper seal and now it doesn't leak.

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
Supra-Kid315;952010 said:
could the vsv(fpu) cause a no pressure issue if it aint hooked up? just a random thought I'm going thru anything related to the fuel injection. evrything else seems to b fine cuz if I spray starter fluid in to the engine it will start up, no fuel leaks, I kno the pump is good because that's how I found my fuel leak, I cranked my engine for the first time in a few months and saw fuel spray out and replaced the copper seal and now it doesn't leak.

No.
As shaeff said, turn the ignition switch to on. In the diagnostic block under the hood, jumper B+ and FP.

Listen to the fuel rail, can you hear fuel running through it?