Nice pic!

Rcks4me

Nov 3, 2011
fresno ca, usa
Poodles;1834824 said:
Love the people hating when this pic was taken in Japan...

Betting the scissor doors are S2 parts, and not cheap...

Why does it being in japan and the cost of said parts make it less queer to have huge wings and lambo doors?

projectsupra

旧車スープラ
Apr 5, 2005
West Palm Beach, FL
s235.photobucket.com
EXIF says 2005:09:14 18:47:19
Sounds about right as I remember first seeing pics from that meet a long time ago on SOC Japan.

Rcks4me;1835036 said:
Why does it being in japan and the cost of said parts make it less queer to have huge wings and lambo doors?

Post pics of your car so we can all judge how queer it is solely based on not having a GT wing and vertical doors. :icon_roll

Vertical doors actually have a huge advantage in tight parking spaces outside the US. Opening out 6" then up out of the way is much easier than opening 12", hitting the car next to you, and still trying to squeeze out of the gap.

Dylan JZ

一番 King
Oct 18, 2007
湾岸せん
Jayhall;1834834 said:
So.... Am I the only one that finds this incredibly erotic??

in those terms, most likely yes lol.

RazoE;1835048 said:
Because the Japanese can do no wrong, foo!!!

JDM FOR THE WIN!!!

H@X0RZ!!!!!

sarcasm

I'm actually compelled to say that the Japanese can get away with a lot more, and it's not that big of a deal, but I think Lambos and those dual stacked mkiv shopping cart style wings are sort of ridiculous. Everything else goes though IMO (not just Supras).

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Most of the ridiculous shit that's done to cars in North America is hack jobs done on the cheap. Japan's car culture is entirely different... if you're going to spend a shitload of money on a vehicle, which they do, and you're only going to keep it for a few years before you get rid of it and spend a shitload of money on a new vehicle, which they also do, suddenly 20k in rare modifications is far easier to swallow.

There's what, nearly 30 cars in that photo? Could we put together nearly 30 near pristine modified Mk3s here, even if we held a national show? I don't think so... and I don't think we ever could, even back in '95, when they were theoretically more common.

Another MkIII

Feb 22, 2009
Chicago
GrimJack;1835195 said:
Most of the ridiculous shit that's done to cars in North America is hack jobs done on the cheap. Japan's car culture is entirely different... if you're going to spend a shitload of money on a vehicle, which they do, and you're only going to keep it for a few years before you get rid of it and spend a shitload of money on a new vehicle, which they also do, suddenly 20k in rare modifications is far easier to swallow.

There's what, nearly 30 cars in that photo? Could we put together nearly 30 near pristine modified Mk3s here, even if we held a national show? I don't think so... and I don't think we ever could, even back in '95, when they were theoretically more common.
Not a chance, I was at Strat's up by Chicago a few nights last summer. For those that don't know, on Friday nights, there are a shit ton of cars there. Old muscle cars, imports, everything. I had the only Mk III there. I would be surprised if no other Mk IIIs go there, but the nights I went I was the only one. And mine is in good shape, but I wouldn't call it pristine by any stretch.
-AM3

Dylan JZ

一番 King
Oct 18, 2007
湾岸せん
Yeah, we have the Supras meet here in FL every year, and I honestly saw maybe 2 mk3s worth mentioning. The far more comical thing is how badass some of these guys think their cars are.

I'm not calling the kettle black here, I don't think my car is pristine, etc.

If there was a national mk3 Supra meet, I imagine we could garner about 10 mk3s that all could agree on being the best of the best. For a moment I almost put 20, but it has to be the all around package, and so many cars are missing at least one critical element.

Satan

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Tampa
This is the closest I've seen it get, as far as most-MKIIIs together, in the last 10 years of the Houston meets (definitely not all are pristine)... Will find the hi-res version and post a link later...

SupraLineUp.jpg

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
What the JDM nut-riders aren't getting is that if you put big wings, body kits and lambo doors on a car here in America, it's suddenly rice.
However if it's done in Japan, just because the person over-paid, all of a sudden it's a clean JDM example we must all cream for.

Being Japanese all of a sudden means you can do no wrong and any modification is part of the "culture."

That's stupid in my eyes, it's the equivalent of saying "Its okay for me to say the "N" word, because I have black friends" but in this cas you're saying "It's okay for me to be a ricer, because I'm Japanese."

Ugly mods are ugly mods, no matter the skin tone or how much you paid for it..

/rant

Jayhall

WHIP THE PISS OUT OF THEM
May 7, 2005
Surrey BC
why does everyone care so much about what other people have done to their own cars? Dont like it? Dont do it to yours. Plain and simple. Live and let live friends.

I wouldnt put lambo doors on my car, or half those spoilers. I still find it incredibly erotic :naughty:

p1835287_1.jpg

elbows are too pointy, I dont like volleyball. Kn`am sayin?

Last edited:

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
RazoE;1835296 said:
Only thing wrong with her is she's emaciated. Hand her a hoagie or something
I'd hand her a hoagie, but... well... I drive a Supra for a reason guys. :nono:

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
Weatherford, Texas, United States
Satan;1835244 said:
This is the closest I've seen it get, as far as most-MKIIIs together, in the last 10 years of the Houston meets (definitely not all are pristine)... Will find the hi-res version and post a link later...

SupraLineUp.jpg

I was there. That was a great night in Sealy, Texas TX2K9. 91 JayBlue in the middle. I don't own that anymore though....:wtc:

p1835590_1.jpg

Satan

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Tampa
GTS; Hadn't seen ya in forever... when we gonna meet up for some beer & talk about the almighty Sea Bear? PM me your number...