New Wheels - Opinions?

veedubin

Official SM Decals
Just picked these up from a friend of mine. Mustang Cobra replicas with a nice lip.
Fronts are 17" x 9" +24 - Currently 235/40/17
Rears are 17" x 10.5" +20 - Currently 245/40/17

The rears have a nasty little stretch on them, and I will be fixing that in about a week. Going to be putting the 245's up front and grabbing a set of 275/40's for the rear. That will take care of the stretch issue.

Only thing I don't like (aside from the Zebra striped centers) is the wheel gap I have now...
Sitting on Eibach sport springs with factory shocks. Will also be looking into coil's in the very near future. I'm hoping the bigger tire on the back will take care of some of the gap, but not counting on it.

So what does everyone think? And apperentley I need the approval of the Supra community to be able to sleep at night ???:3d_frown: LOL

IMG351.jpgIMG349.jpgIMG350.jpgIMG352.jpgwheels.jpg

Satan

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Tampa
Always been a fan of 5-spokes... The offsets always worried me, but seen some others use the same types of wheels, without any apparent issues. Nicer than stock sawblades for sure. Good luck!

veedubin

Official SM Decals
IJ.;1806863 said:
I like em, would be perfect here as we don't have Mustangs, isn't there a stigma using them there though?

LOL - No stigma here, they are replicas - No F**D logo any where on these things LOL

Offset - almost perfect. Has a bit of a poke on the rear and the fronts sit flush. And to make this even better, Just found a used tire supplier that has 4 sets of 275/40/17 for $35 each. Will be going out to pick them up tommorrow. No more stretched tires :D And the pics i was sent show the tread depth gauge in them at about 7/32" I'm thinking of grabbing a few sets, you know in case I just happen to get a little frisky with the clutch XD

veedubin

Official SM Decals
IJ.;1806863 said:
I like em, would be perfect here as we don't have Mustangs, isn't there a stigma using them there though?

LOL - No stigma here, they are replicas - No F**D logo any where on these things LOL

Offset - almost perfect. Has a bit of a poke on the rear and the fronts sit flush.
And to make this even better, Just found a used tire supplier that has 4 sets of 275/40/17 for $35 each. Will be going out to pick them up tommorrow. No more stretched tires :biglaugh: And the pics i was sent show the tread depth gauge in them at about 7/32" I'm thinking of grabbing a few sets, you know in case I just happen to get a little frisky with the clutch XD

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
veedubin;1806876 said:
Stupid computer - double post, sorry
I count 3!!
haa ha haaaa

CT-p0001-ST.jpg

Avicii

Nov 4, 2011
Next door
looks pretty good i am trying to get rid of my blade's now but don't want to spend 900+ for some rims haha....plan on lowering it any?

veedubin

Official SM Decals
Avicii;1807077 said:
looks pretty good i am trying to get rid of my blade's now but don't want to spend 900+ for some rims haha....plan on lowering it any?

I've got a set of 3000GT 5spokes 16x8 available. They were my "screw saw blades" repair. :cool:

As for lowering it..... it is lowered. Due to the stupid stretch on the rear tires the wheel gap is stupid big right now. Picking up a pair of 275/40's today. Once they are mounted, ill see how long I can go before getting coils.

Greek;1807049 said:
Those look delicious. What brand/price are they?

Brand - I don't know... These came used from a good friend of mine. He originally paid $600 for the wheels alone. I paid $600 for wheels with Falken Ziex Tires (wheels are mint and less than a year old)

suprarx7nut;1807048 said:
Looks good but you REALLY need some meat on those tires. The super stretched rears look awful. New tires and that should be a neat little set-up. :)

The rear is currently running 245/40/17 on a 10.5" rim :nono:
Found a set of 275/40/17's about 15 minutes away from me that I will be picking up today. Says he may have a set of 315/35/17 but unsure :naughty: That should stuff stome meat in there....

emericaskater285;1807046 said:
I hate them.

How much can I buy them for? :)

"One Milllllliooooon Dollars!" Also taking trades for Ferrari 430 Scuderia, and Buggatti Veyron's

Dani87x;1807068 said:
Looks nice!

Thank you! Can't wait to drive it to see how she wil handle (undergoing 2JZ GE-T swap)

Sent from my LG-P504

Last edited: