New Wheels! - Kosei K3

JimR

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Canada
Finally... I got the wheels sorted out. First, the pictures! Second, the specs.

Wheels-Back-Right-Autumn.JPG

Wheels-Left-Side.JPG

Wheels-Back-Left-Wheel.JPG

Wheels-Front-Left-Wheel.JPG

Wheels-Back-Left-Turned.JPG

EDIT: Don't worry about port 23, I've sorted that stuff out.

The specs:
Kosei K3 18x8.5 fine silver all around, +40mm offset. I have a -0.5 degree camber on all four wheels so they fit great. Tires are Avon Tech M500 255/35-18.

This new setup makes a world of difference on the road course at our local track!

Hope you enjoy,
Jim

Last edited:

MA70Supra88

Boostless
Mar 31, 2005
Boerne, TX
I uploaded the images here to make it easier on those of us using Firefox.

Car and wheels both look great!

Attachments

• Wheels-Back-Left-Turned.jpg
    Wheels-Back-Left-Turned.jpg
    287.7 KB · Views: 68
  • Wheels-Back-Left-Wheel.jpg
    Wheels-Back-Left-Wheel.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 30
  • Wheels-Back-Right-Autumn.jpg
    Wheels-Back-Right-Autumn.jpg
    352.4 KB · Views: 43
  • Wheels-Front-Left-Wheel.jpg
    Wheels-Front-Left-Wheel.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 44
  • Wheels-Left-Side.jpg
    Wheels-Left-Side.jpg
    201.6 KB · Views: 66

JimR

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Canada
GotToyota? said:
How do I open this port 23?

-Matt

I was wondering when that would pop up. ;-)

Add the following line to user.js in your browser profile directory (the same folder where prefs.js is):

user_pref("network.security.ports.banned.override", "23");

If there is no user.js file, just create a plain text file and save it with that name. Then restart your browser.

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
lol
i almost didn't catch it at first...

Those are very nice wheels Jim. I like them a lot.
I thought you were on coilovers? Something about your old sig, and the sawblades, the car looked low...

GotToyota?

Dedicated Member
Apr 6, 2005
Texas Motor Speedway
Heckler said:
I was wondering when that would pop up. ;-)

Add the following line to user.js in your browser profile directory (the same folder where prefs.js is):

user_pref("network.security.ports.banned.override", "23");

If there is no user.js file, just create a plain text file and save it with that name. Then restart your browser.
How do you get to the user.js line? I know what you're talking about, but I just haven't done it in forever. Why can't you just get a normal host? ;)

-Matt

JimR

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Canada
GotToyota? said:
How do you get to the user.js line? I know what you're talking about, but I just haven't done it in forever. Why can't you just get a normal host? ;)

-Matt

lol cause I'm cheap, and my isp blocks those ports. In other words, I am my own host, and I don't feel like paying for a business account.

I should have just attached the images like supra88 did (thanks btw).

user.js is a file. The line I wrote is one that you need to add to that file. If you want more info on that, do a search for "blocked ports" on the mozilla or firefox help pages.

JimR

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Canada
supra90turbo said:
lol
i almost didn't catch it at first...

Those are very nice wheels Jim. I like them a lot.
I thought you were on coilovers? Something about your old sig, and the sawblades, the car looked low...

Correct... I have Tein Flex coilovers. However the car was too low before, and I actually put a few bad dents in my inline muffler because of it. So I put it up a little bit. Now with the new wheels, it's probably up another couple centimeters, because of the larger total diameter of the tires. I may lower it again... but not in the near future.

Jim

Edit: Actually, now that I look at my current sig again, that's a bit of an optical illusion! The car was low... but not quite *that* low. It's just the angle we took the shot at. I remember asking Jeff to make sure there was no light showing from underneath the car. That's why it looks the way it does. (At least I think so!)

GotToyota?

Dedicated Member
Apr 6, 2005
Texas Motor Speedway
That looks sick Jim, I really dig those wheels. But I'm confused, you're on coilovers, but the car itself is really high in the pics, is it just because you setup the coilovers like that?

-Matt

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
If you lowered it enough to eliminate the gap, it would look great.
Not tucking tire, but just losing the fender gap would be enough to really bring the car together, plus being 18's, there'll be enough clearance to make your muffler happy.

GotToyota?

Dedicated Member
Apr 6, 2005
Texas Motor Speedway
supra90turbo said:
If you lowered it enough to eliminate the gap, it would look great.
Not tucking tire, but just losing the fender gap would be enough to really bring the car together, plus being 18's, there'll be enough clearance to make your muffler happy.
I was thinking the exact same thing. Adjust the setting on those coilovers and take more pics. :love:

-Matt

JimR

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Canada
Haha, you know what I should do???? Take a picture of my freaking bashed up muffler underneath! (not the one you can see, another one)

Then you would see why I am just a little hesitant to lower it. I have raised and lowered it a couple times already. You know.... sooner or later I won't be able to resist the temptation and I will lower it again. lol@me

Workin on the new sig now...

JimR

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Canada
Ok, the old sig, and the new sig. I don't have really good pictures for the sig, but it's good for now.

Attachments

• side.jpg
    side.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 30
  • Wheels-Left-Side-Sig.jpg
    Wheels-Left-Side-Sig.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 29

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
IMO that's perfect Matt...almost. just a little lower in the front, but no matter... Nice quick chop. It got the job done...