New Wheels! - Kosei K3

JimR

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Canada
Ok, an update. I've lowered her about two centimeters, and that's as low as she's going to go.

Hope you like the new look. :icon_bigg

Some Handy Yokes at the end! :icon_wink

Attachments

• Left-Side.JPG
    Left-Side.JPG
    113.7 KB · Views: 32
  • Front-Left-Wheel.JPG
    Front-Left-Wheel.JPG
    76.4 KB · Views: 17
  • Back-Left-Wheel.JPG
    Back-Left-Wheel.JPG
    72.1 KB · Views: 15
  • Rear-Left-High.JPG
    Rear-Left-High.JPG
    267.8 KB · Views: 19
  • Handy-Yokes.JPG
    Handy-Yokes.JPG
    69.7 KB · Views: 17

CFSapper

AKA Slient_sniper
Apr 24, 2006
Chilliwack
I had to look out my window to make sure you didnt take my car and put new rims on it lol thta exactly what i was looking for lol cure you now i have to find something diffrent

that my way of saying DAAAAMMM

JimR

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Canada
silent_sniper said:
I had to look out my window to make sure you didnt take my car and put new rims on it lol thta exactly what i was looking for lol cure you now i have to find something diffrent

that my way of saying DAAAAMMM
Hehe, yeah it took me at least a year to decide on the rims I wanted, only to find out that they didn't make them in the size I wanted. On to the next set... they used to make them in the right size but they discontinued two months before, etc,etc.

But I knew the style I wanted so when I was seriously in a buying mood I found these and bought about two weeks later.

JimR

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Canada
Rajunz said:
Man that car looks hot, great job, and great choice on the wheels.

Thanks! My camera does not do her justice.... I'll see if I can get a few more shots on the next track day. :sonic::burnout:

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
Still looks good Jim! I think part of the "height" issue is the 255/35's. Simply a lack of sidewall to fill out the wheel arches. I'd say next time around, shoot for a 265/40 or even 255/40 and it'd take on a much more muscular look.
You could even drop it another cm after that, and be level to where you were with the 255/35's, and they'd fill out the wheel well even better!

BTW: How are those M500's? I just learned of Avon Tech "tyres" and I heard they're good stuff.

JimR

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Canada
Yeah I agree about the difference a 255/40 would make for looks, but it gets trickier when I consider all the factors. I have less than 5mm clearance on the inside of the fender so if I went with a taller tire, I'd have to roll the fenders or really tighten up the pre-load on the Teins.... neither of which I want to do.

It's all a compromise when you can't afford any wheel rub!

The M500's seem great so far. I have noticed that they don't squeal.... like at all. Even when I spin the tires, there is no noticable squealing sound. When I spun my old Toyo's, they would always make a noise. So when I'm at the track, I have to judge the sideslip more by feel than by sound.

vas85

SupraNut
Sep 29, 2006
Sydney, AU
da89soup said:
From blades to the new wheels is a major transformation!!!!!

Very Nice!!!!!

I can't agree more, hot hot wheels..:love: make the world of a difference with those 18's, lookin great :).