New Type of Spark Plug

Status
Not open for further replies.

gurley0916

Gurley=Last Name not girl
Mar 10, 2008
Columbus,OH
Found this new type of spark plug called the Pulse Plug dont know if this is a repost but its a pretty cool idea but at 24.95 a plug I'm not in a hurry to get them. They are suppose to use a better resistor that fires a greater spark that burns the fuel more efficiently that in return give you more horse power and torque along with cleaner emissions.

here's the link again in case you didn't see it in the sentence

Pulse Plug

Last edited:

HommerSimpson

Dec 31, 2007
New Smyrna Beach Florida
well... i say shes got a good question that obviously has not been answered by ANYONE HERE... just one person that has a friend and he swears by them.. and another dude that lives in a town they make them and says they make more power off the bat but "THINKS" it might go away...

So seeing as nobody has steped up to the plate.... All the NEG crap and yet nobody can say that they acually know the plug sucks .... cuz they have tryed it...

but with that said... i dont think i would run them with out forged pistons lol

i say we keep the tread going till someone trys them... and no i cant aford to... got way to many other things going...

but if someone was going to drag strip... and this knocked a few tenths off i think it would be money well spent...

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
they used them on horsepower TV on spike. and they actually did gain some power... but they went from regular (copper i assume) to these ones. gained like 3hp and 7ft lbs of tq if i remember right...

but spending that kind of money for such a little gain is beyond silly to me.

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
IJ.;1059962 said:
How the fuck do you measure 3hp?

That's well under the error range on a chassis dyno and at a guess most engine dyno's as well...... :nono:

More magic beans.

it was on a engine dyno... all they did was change the spark plugs. they did quite a few different things that episode, tried carb spacers, and different headers. all i know is they said they gained power, very minimal power. but it did gain some HP...

will i go out and buy them because of what i see on tv? hell no. i'll stick with my NGK copper plugs.

and heres the link to what episode it was.

http://www.powerblocktv.com/sites/horsepower/episodes/index.php?ep_num=HP2008-04&ep_sea=0801

and it wasnt the pluse plugs, but "E3 Diamondfire"... same concept though.

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
The point is you can do several dyno runs on the same car (no changes) on the same dyno and get different results in the same 3-5 HP range. OAT and barometric pressure have an effect too. This is the exact same thing when someone tells you running this oil or this additive will increase HP and "prove" it with a dyno run. It's smoke and mirrors ;)

gofastgeorge

Banned
Jan 24, 2008
Texas
theWeezL;1060032 said:
speaking of magic beans...

:fart:

Love it !

Yeah, 3 mystical HP on what size engine ?
Probably something twice as big as a 7M.

And here is something that people should be aware of....
10 years ago, Nology came out with this circuit in their plug wires.
And it caused problems with some ECUs because of all the radio noise generated.

Status
Not open for further replies.