New turbo setup, and No Boost pressure??

dylansword

Aug 10, 2011
boise id
Hello. I'm a bit confused. I just finished up doing some work on my 87t. I installed a new turbo setup, holset hx35, external wastegate, and 560cc evo injectors. And took it for a drive, and under wot I am only getting up to 0psi. I don't have a boost controller hooked up. I am running maft pro. I checked to make sure all my ic pipin clamps were tight, and they are. I adjusted the tps while I had it off. Any ideas?

Dec 31, 2010
IL
Is the wastegate stuck open? I had that happen to me, made 0 psi perfectly because a peace of my mani perfecly lodged the wastegate valve open, so all the gases were escaping instead of routing through the turbine. That or I would hate to say boost leak. The reason I have to mention it is one of the most common problems with troubleshooting is assumptions. Thinking that something is perfect, when it isn't.

Either the turbo isn't getting powered,

or it is, and the air is escaping out of a hole.

Did you make boost before the new ic install? Could the BOV be stuck open?

Dec 31, 2010
IL
dylansword;1906703 said:
Forgot a hose clamp on the pipe just behind the headlight. Pipe blew off

I was trying my best not to be rude since you said you checked them, thus my explaining why I brought boost leak back up AFTER your post stating you checked IC's already. Wanting to jump in a modded supra makes us over zealous, doesn't it :) Now you know to check the simple Sh!t all over and thoroughly, don't ya!

Post a vid if you can, won't hurt a bit.

Orion ZyGarian

Jeff Lange wannabe
Apr 2, 2005
Sarasota, FLorida
www.suprastore.com
Blowing charge pipes is just your car's way of introducing you into boosted cars, and it will happen to everyone until they figure out how to keep them clamped right on their specific car. You can also expect it to happen whenever you put a new intercooler on, etc. It's no big deal and just happens :)