New toyota parts defective??

Blade2001

Apr 9, 2007
TX
I have replaced all the seals in my engine (7MGTE) within the last few years.. replaced front and rear main seals, cam seals, oil pump seals, head gasket, CPS o-ring, oil cooler lines, oil lines to turbo, valve cover gaskets.. are few to list.. (never pulled the oil pan though).. why the heck the bottom of the engine still wet of oil??? after the seal replacements, the engine was dry for sometime, but after I started using the car as daily driver (60miles a day), it is just wetted with oil everywhere in the bottom of the car.. is it that the new OEM parts toyota make are not as good as it used to be?? or, i just have too many miles on the car?
My car: 87Turbo (170K miles)

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
i'd venture to say that you didn't install the gaskets correctly, or that you didn't install the gaskets correctly. blaming leaking gaskets on toyota. i'm not going there. :)

-shaeff

Blade2001

Apr 9, 2007
TX
I am not into blaming toyota. I would still buy toyota parts... the leak is around the front of the engine below the crank pulley (as if it is coming from the timing cover). Back of the engine where engine meets the bell housing is also wet.. the rim around the engine where the pan is bolted is not wet. I replaced the front seal in 2000. Back seal in 2002. My buddy (he used to be a truck mechanic) fitted the seals. He used a wood block for the back seal, 2" pvc pipe for the front. It didnt leak until middle of last year. only when I started using the car daily. Pics.. I will try to get it in daylight..

there is two paper gaskets between the front of the block and the timing case. I never took these apart or replaced them. can this cause leak in the front of the engine? just confused.

Blade2001

Apr 9, 2007
TX
when I did the head gasket work in 2000, i reused the head bolts due to time constraints.. i still have the new head bolts never installed! the car do not show any signs of BHG..

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Have you checked the CPS o-ring yet?

Degrease the Motor this will make it easier to see how high up it's leaking from.

I have to head back to the CNC my lunch break is over be back later on.

t4boost

I gotta have my boost!
Mar 23, 2007
Arizona
Maybe try buying some oil dye and a light after you clean all the oil. Could it maybe the oil pan? pics would definatly help on this.

Blade2001

Apr 9, 2007
TX
will take pics tomorrow. Need to lift car to take pics.. I wanted to pull the pan.. but i cant lift the engine out of the car... not enough equipment..

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
t4boost said:
Maybe try buying some oil dye and a light after you clean all the oil.

I'll second that. Get a good dye like Tracer Products (avoid the Interdynamics brand) and you won't even need a light. I keep the stuff in my oil, coolant, and AC at all times. Makes leak finding a breeze. I use the light only on the tiniest leaks.

hottscennessey

DONT BE A BITCH!
Jun 3, 2005
Richmond, VA
You might have a blockage in your PCV system, causing the crankcase pressure to back out some of these seals. It's definately worth looking into.

Oct 11, 2005
Thousand Oaks, CA
Make sure the CPS is not leaking internally. Oil will drip out the drain hole in the cap. I did the same as you and I still have a small leak. Traced it to the CPS internal seal.

A good seal can also leak if there is a groove worn into the shaft from the old seal. I had that problem on my differential side seal.

sponsored1

In debt
Mar 30, 2005
Buckingham, Pa
www.cf-performance.com
hottscennessey said:
You might have a blockage in your PCV system, causing the crankcase pressure to back out some of these seals. It's definately worth looking into.

I second this, if it started happening slowly you may just be developing ring blow by, or your oil level could be too high causing windage and throwing some oil out the front seal or a combination of all.