Attachments

• IMG_1456.JPG
    IMG_1456.JPG
    617.6 KB · Views: 134

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
haha, its actually the memory under the keyboard thats new, but i didnt feel like taking it all apart again :)

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
yeah, zircon oxide i think it is. hard as or harder than diamonds, i have to send it back to the company to sharpen it. it's got a hell of an edge retention though.

i did read on one site that a silicon carbide wheel will hone it, but since it was only one site, i dont want to ruin a $150 investment

Isphius

Supra-less :(
May 30, 2006
long branch
thats like wolverines claws. if its indestructble metal, how did they get sharpened? I doubt they were forged with that sharp edge! sounds like an awesome knife though!

Topher E

Trance Head
Aug 4, 2005
Vacaville
Buy kershaw ;) I have picked up three of them and liked every one. Although, I must say that is a nice pice you have there.

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
haha, i carry my chive daily too. got this one

1600-BLK.jpg

also have a buck tempest and a columbia river k.i.s.s.

like i said, didnt need this one but hell, it was a good price :)

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
i love my buck for heavy cutting/prying jobs (no questions asked lifetime warranty kinda like craftsman).

no word yet on my edge retention, ill report back once i've used it at work for a few weeks

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
we've got a bunch of benchmades in the catalog, ive been thinking about ordering a few and seeing if i like 'em

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
ILikeCarsYesIDo;926294 said:
They should make a knife's edge a molecule sharp, just like in Batman Beyond.

That was the shit.

That's easy, use a flint or obsidian knife that has been properly made. Yes, they're far sharper than ANY modern knife, but fragile.

I carry a Buck Odyssey and my new Buck Rush (it's assisted opening, very nice machining as well).

Ceramic knives are extremely durable for being made of a poreceline like material, but they will break if used to pry, chip on the edge if used too harsh, and cn chip if dropped. The really good ones are made pretty well where they don't have such issues...

You can cut glass with em as well, but it will dull em. For most things, the edge isn't gonna miss a beat and it won't need to be sharpened (as it's hard as hell).

To answer the question of how they're sharpened, it's done the same way diamonds are cut, with diamond dust impregnated surfaces.

Out of my price range and too fragile for me though...

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
the frailty was the only thing that concerned me, but since i have this for heavier tasks (with the 154cm blade), im not worried:

296GY.jpg

Turbo. Targa. Life.

SupraMania Shirt Slinger!
Apr 16, 2005
O'Fallon, MO
www.geocities.com
Kershaws rock. I've 2 Ken Onion series spring-assisteds, both the smaller one with the black plastic-ish handle, and the all metal one. Edge retention is phenomenal. I almost got arrested at the STL Arch museum for having my larger one on my last saturday...evidently they're illegal to carry here in MO -_- lame.