New to the forums...

CaptMKIII

Jun 21, 2008
Kansas.
Well I have been on the forums for about a week or so, and I thought I'd introduce myself. I am a 17 year old high school student from Kansas City and am in the process of buying an MKIII Supra off the forums here. I won't take credit for his pictures so I will take some pictures of it when I get it, which will likely be in <2 weeks. It's also going to need a little work so once I get it, I'll throw up a build thread and let you all follow me and my brother's progress on the car.

As for what I have now...a 1998 Mustang GT and a 1994 Mazda B4000 4x4 Pickup truck. Both of which I paid in full with cash for so I know what it's like to work for something...same thing will follow with the Supra.

I don't think I have any pictures of the truck, but it's nothing all that special even though it is real clean for a 94...but here are some pictures of the Mustang.

p1064622_1.jpg

p1064622_2.jpg

p1064622_3.jpg

Only thing done to that is exhaust, intake, and it's been lowered a few inches. It's nothing really special but sounds mean as hell.

Just saying what's up.:wavey:

CaptMKIII

Jun 21, 2008
Kansas.
jugodegolf;1065915 said:
Welcome. I'd say that 17 and paying cash for vehicles = someone was brought up right. Bring on the pics when you get the supra. Mustang looks clean btw.

Thanks. And the Stang looks pretty good in those pictures. It's a salvage car though - first owner (lady) ran it into a pole. Second owner who was real big with cars had the frame straigtend out as much as possible. It's still a little off but it runs smoother than my friends Mustang's. I'll post pictures that I take of the Supra when I get it (should be about a week).

JustinGotA1j

Jan 28, 2007
Chilliwack
+1 for buying cars in cash and not via a loan/parents. I bought my JZA70 in cash and its the best thing I've ever learned was to be smart with money. Which is kind of ironic in a sense cause most would think buying a supra isn't a wise investment once the disease takes over.:evil2:

CaptMKIII

Jun 21, 2008
Kansas.
JustinGotA1j;1066023 said:
+1 for buying cars in cash and not via a loan/parents. I bought my JZA70 in cash and its the best thing I've ever learned was to be smart with money. Which is kind of ironic in a sense cause most would think buying a supra isn't a wise investment once the disease takes over.:evil2:

Running into great jobs is always a plus for money though. I don't know many people who have a job as laid back as mine and get paid what I do. Also ran into some decent deals with the cars. ($5,500 for the Mustang back in 2005, and $3,000 for the cleanest 94 truck ever which I bought last summer). The Supra is going to put me at close to broke - it probably won't see paint for a good few months...which could be fun considering people will think it's crap.:naughty::biglaugh: