New Supra owner from Alabama

labrat469

Aug 1, 2007
Alabama
Hello from Tuscaloosa,

I've recently bought a 1988 NA Supra with targa top as a graduation present to myself for spending the last two years going to school full-time and working full-time.

I purchased the car for 600 USD because it had a knock. Appearently rod #5 spun and ate it's bearing. So the block, crankshaft, and piston assemblies are in the shop getting checked out. I'm waiting to hear back from the shop before deciding which direction the motor rebuild will go.

The good news is I have friends that rebuilds motors for a living and will get me the parts I need at wholesale prices

mkthree92

Supramania Contributor
Jan 21, 2007
AL
Welcome!

There are a handful or two of guys from AL on here, and I think I've seen a few on here from Tuscaloosa.

Got any pics of your ride?

If you look in the Regional Section of this forum, there is a thread of an Import meet that is going to be in Steele in October which will have some MK3's among others. I plan on going and hopefully I will be able to. Should be a lot of fun.

labrat469

Aug 1, 2007
Alabama
Hmmm October....

I don't think "Mid-life Crisis" will be up and running by then. She's in some sad shape. She's been sitting in a back yard for over a year now and in need of serious TLC and rebuilds. Engine, transmission, brakes, suspension, and body work. Once I hear back from the shop I can start the engine rebuild. In the meantime I'm doing some minor body and electrical work. Rehanging a door and fixing the wiring.

My co-hort in crime has pics but hasn't emailed them to me yet.

dirtlord420

just here
Aug 1, 2005
tn
welcome another one from alabama lol. i got a rebuilt n/a engin on a stand sitting in my shop. that i would trade for a good turbo short block for rebuild.

da89soup

World I Am Gay Blue!!!
Dec 2, 2005
Fargo ND
Welcome!!! Even though Im from ND I was recently accepted into the Alabama Hillbilli Supra Owners Group Of America....lol On behalf of the only Yankee member I say welcome!!! Look out for members like Suprahero and Forced Torque, they will take your money and have sex with your dog....lol:biglaugh: No really you have a great group of guys down there to learn from and help you find what you need. Enjoy the forum!!!

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35303

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34669&highlight=long+awaited+suprahero

Two of your local builds!!!

Last edited:

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
da89soup said:
Look out for members like Suprahero and Forced Torque, they will take your money and have sex with your dog....

That was never proven and you know it.................:3d_frown:

Welcome to Supramania sir. I hope you have a chance to make it to Steele even without your supra so we can all meet. Maybe you can catch a ride with another supra guy from around Tuscaloosa.

ROLL TIDE

jmoneydtb

Old Skool Kool Enthusiast
Nov 6, 2006
mobile, al
Welcome! I recently became an owner myself. What they say about Forcedtorque and Suprahero is true....well, cept maybe the sex with the dog part....but FT has taken pretty much all of my money and Suprahero takes money from everyone who sits down at the table with him! :eek3dance

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
New Yorkers aren't as friendly as southerners.................:biglaugh:

Move to the south and you'll have plenty. JK

staticpat

Supra Chair!
Mar 30, 2005
Birmingham, AL
So many Alabama owners, wow.

If you have the engine out go NA->T while you have the chance. NA supras are fun and all but if your rebuilding the engine this is a prime opportunity.

EDIT: I will be in new york next week if you need a friend :D
There's actually a rally race near the Albany area that I plan on attending.

Last edited:

Yblegal91t

it finally runs!
Apr 22, 2006
C1 outer
staticpat said:
EDIT: I will be in new york next week if you need a friend :D
There's actually a rally race near the Albany area that I plan on attending.

thanks but i cant make the 4 hour trip up. and im planning on installing my maftpro then. good lluck or enjoy it - if your racing in it thats awesome.

and welcome to the forums labrat469 im just as big an ass as suprahero. but no one knows me yet since i just got back into supras.