New Phone

Piratetip

Far From Maddening Crowds
Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 30, 2005
MKE, WI
Check out this new smart phone that just came in the mail.
:)
Palm Treo 700wx
treo700wx-2.jpg

This phone does everything! I like it.

JMDigital

Authorized Vendor
Jun 2, 2006
Tampa, Florida
www.cardomain.com
I have that phone.... its not bad. Just remember to shut down programs or it locks up. Hold the OK button down (#13 on your list there) and then hit stop all button.

and if you have vista and want to use it as a modem I have the vista drivers, the one in the box DOES NOT WORK with vista. I also gave up trying to sync it with visa.

If you have a windows Media Center computer recording TV, you should check out www.orb.com Its free and you can stream your Media center TV shows to your smartphone. I use it to watch a tv show while I am at work. :)

All in all its a good phone. Make sure you set it up to disable the touch screen while you are in a call or you will hang up on people. :)

Piratetip

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 30, 2005
MKE, WI
Thx for the tips. :)

I have a 4GB SD card that isn't recognized, Palm's site says SDHD cards don't work in it. :(

Oh yeah also got a Zune in the mail the other day. 30GB model.
zune.jpg

Skam9685

1992 Honda Prelude SI
Jun 22, 2007
Oldsmar, Florida, United States
I just got the Blackberry Curve-pale gold. I love this phone. Everything about it is fast and there is almost no load times. No more buying ringtones because you can just DL songs straight from your music programs on your computer as well. The internet is high speed and trust me it is QUICK. The camera is 2MP and the quality of the pictures are great.

I never heard of that phone you have before but it slightly resembles mine lol.

JMDigital

Authorized Vendor
Jun 2, 2006
Tampa, Florida
www.cardomain.com
Piratetip said:
Thx for the tips. :)

I have a 4GB SD card that isn't recognized, Palm's site says SDHD cards don't work in it. :(

Yea I have a 1 gig card for it , i dont know what you plan on putting on it but a 1 gig card holds over 1k photos from the camera. The guy at Alltel told me there is a way to make the bigger cards work but I never asked him how, 1 gig seems to be big enough.

check out this site for some treo stuff

http://blog.treonauts.com/

Piratetip

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 30, 2005
MKE, WI
JMDigital: I found the solution for using larger capacity SD cards.Use SDHC in Treo 700
Just download the SDHD driver - extension .cab
Copy to Phone
Run
Soft Reboot

Card is recognized and works perfect. :)

The1

Too poor to be here..:(
May 24, 2007
Austin, TX
Right now, I'm still rocking my TMobile SDA/Unlocked Cingular 8100 combo but I'm looking at these new phones..

HTC%20Touch%20Cruise.jpg

* Qualcomm 7200 chipset
* Built-in GPS receiver
* TomTom mapping
* 400MHz CPU
* TouchFLO UI
* 256MB/128 MB ROM/RAM
* Wi-Fi connectivity
* Bluetooth 2.0
* GSM / EDGE/UMTS/HSDPA up to 3.6Mbps
* 2.8” QVGA Touch Screen
* FM Radio