new paint job

NTRA08

TWINKY
Jun 10, 2008
Conroe, Texas
I'm fixing to get a new paint job done for doing some sheetrock work on a friend's body shop. I'm going to go back to white. But I'm thinking about going with a flake. What you guys think about a red oxide flake. Other suggestions are welcome.

MKIII TURBO60-1

Dec 29, 2008
Ocala,Fl
not really its an additive to the paint and or clear, pearl is actually a powder. Im actually thinking about painting my supra super white and painting my bike super white with a blue pearl

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Pearl white came from 87-91.

Its not a additive to the paint and costs just as much as the white paint.

You will need white paint, pearl, and clear.

You spray the white, then the pearl and then clear it.
50/50 white/reducer and 50/50 pearl/reducer and not mixed together.

Its a 3 stage paint job.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Your supposed to spray it separate. Just painted some things on a friends 87 pearl white car.

MKIII TURBO60-1

Dec 29, 2008
Ocala,Fl
yeah i know but we got creative when i was taking an autobody class here at the community college and the results were about the same if not better, btw fire flake in the clear pops like no other damn that shit was bright in the sun and no it didnt look like a bass boat lol

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
Pearl doesn't show up very good in pictures. It shines really pretty in the sun, but I don't have 1 picture where you can see the pearl clearly. I sold that car a while back, and I really wish it still looked this good.

4x4 mode FTMFW!!!!!

p1560449_1.jpg

GotTurbos?

2J = Here; Swap = Near
Apr 24, 2006
Dallas, TX
Different colors spray pearl a different way. Some of them you mix it in with the color, some of them you spray the color, then pearl with clear (not the clearcoat on the car, just a clear base for the pearl to sit on top of the actual color) and then you spray the clear. Depending on which way you do it, you will get a different result, but there isn't a wrong or right way. My car is a custom pearl white and I love it. The stock supra pearl white is kind of yellow and looks dark from a lot of angles (no offense guys!).