New Mk3 and New to supras

CrazyInside

Feb 10, 2012
Oregon
Always wanted one sense a few of my friends have them. Just bought a 91' off a guy that lives down the street. 150k miles, targa, turbo. But it's an auto :(.

I'm looking to do a 1jz swap.. what are the best places to buy them with r154's attached?

Here are some picks.. and that is the woman driving it.

My daily driver is that WRX in the pic

20120906_184414.jpg
20120901_143441.jpg
1.jpg

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Possibly a stupid question (btw.. Welcome to the club!) but.. why doing a 1jz swap? Hopefully its something you researched and are ready to do rather than "hearing" it was a good idea. the 7M is a good engine, and most that I see want to do 2jz swaps but go single turbo. Nice car!

CrazyInside

Feb 10, 2012
Oregon
Grandavi;1876193 said:
Possibly a stupid question (btw.. Welcome to the club!) but.. why doing a 1jz swap? Hopefully its something you researched and are ready to do rather than "hearing" it was a good idea. the 7M is a good engine, and most that I see want to do 2jz swaps but go single turbo. Nice car!

One of my friends has all ready done a 1jz swap so he said he would help me do it. Plus I'm just not a fan of the 7m. And i've researched it a a ton. Just can't seem to find a decent place that sells them

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I havent done it, but you can buy a front clip from an aristo or soarer off of ebay that would have the tranny/engine/ecu. Someone else will pipe in with better info than I can offer.
If your going to be getting your car pristine, be aware that the rear quarters are not cheap or easy to repair (your photo shows rust under the paint, but that may just be a camera thingy). There are no patch panels for our cars. If you got body skills, more power to ya! : )
(just pointing it out because of all the things wrong with my Supras, the rear quarters have always been the biggest disappointment)

Just noticed this btw...

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?165466-FS-1JZ-engine-AEM-v2-EMS-Twin-Turbo-manifold-and-other-parts-for-sale!!

CrazyInside

Feb 10, 2012
Oregon
Grandavi;1876197 said:
I havent done it, but you can buy a front clip from an aristo or soarer off of ebay that would have the tranny/engine/ecu. Someone else will pipe in with better info than I can offer.
If your going to be getting your car pristine, be aware that the rear quarters are not cheap or easy to repair (your photo shows rust under the paint, but that may just be a camera thingy). There are no patch panels for our cars. If you got body skills, more power to ya! : )
(just pointing it out because of all the things wrong with my Supras, the rear quarters have always been the biggest disappointment)

Just noticed this btw...

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?165466-FS-1JZ-engine-AEM-v2-EMS-Twin-Turbo-manifold-and-other-parts-for-sale!!

You are gana have to me more specific.. I searched this car twice for rush before buying.. and again just now in the garage after your comment. Where is the rust at? I must be blind lol

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
The picture of the woman driving, looked like rust above the quarter panel lip. May be a photo thing.. not trying to scare ya : )

You can tell in real life, I just noticed a ripple on the picture. It is probably nothing.. Im just oversensitive to that now.. hehe

CrazyInside

Feb 10, 2012
Oregon
Grandavi;1876200 said:
The picture of the woman driving, looked like rust above the quarter panel lip. May be a photo thing.. not trying to scare ya : )

You can tell in real life, I just noticed a ripple on the picture. It is probably nothing.. Im just oversensitive to that now.. hehe

whew scared me haha. That picture was like 30 min after we got the car. It's been sitting for 3 years so it was extremely dirty. just that brown build up on all the seems. I've gotten most of it off now.

I found this http://www.jdmtigerjapanese.com/toy...engine-manual-5-speed-transmission-91-93.html

But how do I know if that is a r154 and not a w58?