New member w/ 7mgte swapped 4runner

BoostedRunner87

Nov 21, 2009
Summerset South Dakota
Hey guys i joined the site a few days ago to find a used AFM for my 7mgte. I live in Summerset SD. i have an 87 4runner with a 7mgte swap. Its an off road/ rock crawling rig. I dont actually own a supra, but i wanted to join anyways because i know i can gain lots of knowledge about the engine thats in my 4runner. Look forward to learing more about this site and more about supra's!

kabanimk3supra

kabanimk3supra
Apr 11, 2007
oklahoma
BoostedRunner87;1458966 said:
thanks guys! here are a couple pics

You're missing some rust:biglaugh:

every single one of these I have seen is rusted through, and the bed is usually falling apart.

Nice truck man!

BoostedRunner87

Nov 21, 2009
Summerset South Dakota
kabanimk3supra;1458974 said:
You're missing some rust:biglaugh:

every single one of these I have seen is rusted through, and the bed is usually falling apart.

Nice truck man!

thanks! yeah it has minimal rust. there is some around the rear fenders, but i will be trimming it out. I dont like how tall the rig is, so i will actually be lowering it about two inches. Then i wil have to trim the fenders a bit to clear the 37s

BoostedRunner87

Nov 21, 2009
Summerset South Dakota
thanks alot for the great comments guys! i like this forum alot so far. there has been alot of nice welcomes and lots of good info right away about my AFM problem in the tech section. And as far as the dents and rollover marks goes, i have only had this rig for two weeks now! the guy i got it from didnt wheel it that hard but it is built to go anywhere my other crawler does. My other rig is for sale and this 4runner will soon become my off-road rig only. its getting a full makeover including a 3 link front and 4 link rear suspension with air shocks. I am also going to shorten and narrow the rear section of the rig and build a partial exo roll cage.

BoostedRunner87

Nov 21, 2009
Summerset South Dakota
jessemkiiis;1459602 said:
hows that 7m torque treatin you?
I demand more info.... stock gears,axles ect.....

well the 7m torque is not treating me at all because the damn thing wont run worth a crap! i havnt even gotten to take it out and wheel it yet because i have done nothing but try to fix problems on it ever since i bought it. I cleaned out the AFM and replaced the air filter because they were extremely dirty and oily. now it wont run worth a crap, i cant even drive it. I keep getting a CEL for the AFM so i replaced the AFM and it still has the same problem.

so anyways onto the specs... currently it is straight axle swapped with a toyota axle up front with a lock rite and 4:88 gears and longfield chromo axles. rear axle is a modified toyota IFS axle housing an electric locker and 4:88 gears from a 2000 4runner. It has a turbo 5 speed tranny (i believe its the r151f) also has a single 23 spline t-case with marlin crawler 4.7:1 low range gear set in it. its rollin on 37" goodyear MTR's on trailready beadlocks. In the future i will be installing another 23 spline t-case so i will have dual cases with the 4.7:1 gearset in the second case. Also i will be doing a 3-link front suspension and 4-link rear suspension

dumbo

Supramania Contributor
Jul 16, 2008
Albera, Too Far North
Yah you can't clean them with parts cleaner or anthing like that, it ruins them:( Nice looking rig, I'm sure you can find a used one in the FS section to toss on it. Do you have any codes?

Doh missed that CEL section. What code exactly are you getting?